Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Chinese Fakes!!

Hi Guys!!!
    Fresh from China, the latest fakes, there are vearious medals, some made in both 57 form and wartime!
    The DK's look not too bad looking at the obverse, but at the moment, they have very poor hardware, MM'd with "1" for Deschler, but if a few alterations are made, including more realistic hardware and rivets, they could be a problem for some collectors, at the moment, these are being sold as repro's. but it wont be long before someone tries to pass one off as an original.......
    DKiG............
    $(KGrHqJHJ!4FHw5zUHi+BSBhbmu57Q~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqNHJEQFHhJEkQSuBSBhTMeBeQ~~60_3.jpg
    Last edited by Nigel N; 10-22-2013, 12:06 PM.
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

DKiS........
    $(KGrHqJHJE0FHllQ+yiIBSBhTthGnQ~~60_3.jpg

$T2eC16JHJGMFFoqTsus5BSBhbsQddQ~~60_3.jpg

Comment

Possibly more worrying is this medalbar, which wasn't being sold as a repro.....
      $(KGrHqR,!nYFJPFq3okfBSZJ4Pl0lQ~~60_57.jpg

Comment

Looks like the same kind of Hindy as this one.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=686391

Do you know if the mm is W.K on it? It would be interesting to know if the are making different mm´s on their fake hindys.

P.S. the KVK ribbon is the worst repro i´ve seen, just look at the black loops.

/peter

Comment

I'm so glad I'm not collecting any more... Tom

Comment

Originally posted by VonPeter View Post
            Looks like the same kind of Hindy as this one.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=686391

Do you know if the mm is W.K on it? It would be interesting to know if the are making different mm´s on their fake hindys.

P.S. the KVK ribbon is the worst repro i´ve seen, just look at the black loops.

/peter
            They are selling the same fake Hindy's with WK on them Peter, as loose medals, not sure if the Hindy on the bar has the same MM? I would guess so??
            -Nigel

Comment

I see now that it is the same seller, so it is probably the same mm...

And they are spreading, here is the same hindy on a bar being sold from the US (also sold as a repro).
              Attached Files

Comment

Damn those Chinese

Comment

Thanks for that, Nigel

That are indeed very dangerous fakes. The avers looks damned convincing and with blurry pics and no revers pic you´re in danger to buy that scam.

When they really would change the setup (what they´ll do for sure in the future) you really have to make your homework to identify these.

Very very bad news for all collectors

Comment

Thanks for the post Nigel!

This is worrying for sure!!

Can you post a photo of the reverse of that 3-place medal bar?

Thanks
                    Pierce

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
                      Thanks for the post Nigel!

This is worrying for sure!!

Can you post a photo of the reverse of that 3-place medal bar?

Thanks
                      Pierce
                      Hi Pierce!!
                      At the moment (as far as I know) theres only one seller, from China, who's selling these medalbars, and they haven't provided any reverse photo's so far!!! So we will have to wait and see, they are sure to turn up on other sites, and probably with different combinations of medals, this is just the start....unfortunately!!!
                      -Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
                        Hi Pierce!!
                        At the moment (as far as I know) theres only one seller, from China, who's selling these medalbars, and they haven't provided any reverse photo's so far!!! So we will have to wait and see, they are sure to turn up on other sites, and probably with different combinations of medals, this is just the start....unfortunately!!!
                        -Nigel
                        Thanks Nigel. Do you have a link to their website or seller's page?

Comment

They also sell this RK to the KVK, again without a reverse photo, so i'm not sure if this is a 57 version or a swastika version, or maybe available as either????
                          $(KGrHqJ,!nwE9elp87DHBPh6mp2hVg~~60_57.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
                            Thanks Nigel. Do you have a link to their website or seller's page?
                            http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/militaria_lee/

And WAF member collecter has bought a medal bar, so maybe he can provide pics of the reverse.

He shows the bar here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&postcount=12

Note the fake magnetic LS medal.

/peter

Comment

Originally posted by VonPeter View Post
                              http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/militaria_lee/

And WAF member collecter has bought a medal bar, so maybe he can provide pics of the reverse.

He shows the bar here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&postcount=12

Note the fake magnetic LS medal.

/peter
                              Thanks Peter!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X