Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember correct Sassi_99 is one of the ebay accounts Co. Stephan from soltau offers its stuff... in their webshop they offer several items described as "collector fabrication" ...

On the other hand they offer lots of genuin stuff from large stocks they bought years ago like the first collar emblens from the Bundeswehr...

Jens

Comment

Our old friend "sammler-arsenal" is at it again with his dubious cased decorations!!
      This one listed as an S&L, and already over 300 Euro's!!
      The case is S&L, but the PLM most certainly is not!!!
      5e518d7565bb4765598e5dff23d68beb6.jpg

26b11cd250837e4e6c1393f2e7fa737f0.jpg

1665e280ff61775ebfc11dc0f0d4c937c.jpg

2d35852bc95ca0e579ff2f047e1402541.jpg
      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Another fake DK for sale here in the UK.....
        Seller.... "theantiquesstorehouse" buy it now £290
        Described as a 1957 conversion of a 1941 German Cross
        s-l1600 (158).jpg

s-l1600 (161).jpg

Comment

Oh Wow Nigel, that's UGLEEEEE....!!

Comment

look out for this clown from Canada is site is full of fakes. his ebay. jenn-lavo 156
            avoid this terd at all cost

Comment

How come?

How is it that Ebay does not shut these guys down? Especially when hallmarks are faked. Not only is that illegal in the USA but all over Europe. False hallmarks and false silver or gold content is punishable with years in prison. Ebay knowing this fraud and enabling it is also illegal so how come there is not a Lawsuit brought against Ebay by the governing countries?

Comment

I confronted one guy on Fleabay

There is this guy selling oak leaf attachments to the RK called mrirwin1 from California. I asked how these attachments were for sure WW2 made and not be some of the fakes. He has the ones that are stamped L/50 Silber 900 and selling them at 999.00 He says he has experts checking them.....I said what about making sure it is not just silver plated etc. In the ad he said WW2 then he later says it is 1957....

This is copy and pasted what he said:

We have our experts that will differ with your opinion. There may be some question whether it's 1957 we're working on that at this point but even the experts have written books about these items believe it may be a 1957 but not a fake. We guarantee everything with a 14-day inspection policy, we're not trying to rip anybody off.

He is offering a lot of things that look legit but then again some look too good to be true! A whole lot of WW2 and WW1 German awards and badges etc....

In my opinion when you start off an advertisement claiming it is a WW2 Oakleaf attachment for a RK then later after being challenged to authenticity now claims to it might being a 1957 version??? In my opinion even if it is 1957 made then it is only a copy since no one is being awarded TR RK's in Germany these days. If I had one made today by the original jeweler it is still only a copy and not an original period made award. And was it not only supposed to be "only" given to soldiers who had earned it during WW2 who were entitled to wear the revised version? So how many were still around in 1957 or beyond to receive it??
                Now you guys know way more than I do on this subject so am I incorrect in my thinking???

Comment

Hi,

"... but even the experts have written books about these items believe it may be a 1957 but not a fake."

They may believe it, but it is not true.

1957er decorations are decorations in an offcially changed design, without NS emblems.

On an Oakleaf nothing must be changed, therefore it can not be a 1957er.

Made post May 1945, in 1952, in 1957 or in 2019, you can name it copy, fake, reproduction or whatever, but never 57er.

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by Ironheart View Post
                    There is this guy selling oak leaf attachments to the RK called mrirwin1 from California. I asked how these attachments were for sure WW2 made and not be some of the fakes. He has the ones that are stamped L/50 Silber 900 and selling them at 999.00 He says he has experts checking them.....I said what about making sure it is not just silver plated etc. In the ad he said WW2 then he later says it is 1957....

This is copy and pasted what he said:

We have our experts that will differ with your opinion. There may be some question whether it's 1957 we're working on that at this point but even the experts have written books about these items believe it may be a 1957 but not a fake. We guarantee everything with a 14-day inspection policy, we're not trying to rip anybody off.

He is offering a lot of things that look legit but then again some look too good to be true! A whole lot of WW2 and WW1 German awards and badges etc....

In my opinion when you start off an advertisement claiming it is a WW2 Oakleaf attachment for a RK then later after being challenged to authenticity now claims to it might being a 1957 version??? In my opinion even if it is 1957 made then it is only a copy since no one is being awarded TR RK's in Germany these days. If I had one made today by the original jeweler it is still only a copy and not an original period made award. And was it not only supposed to be "only" given to soldiers who had earned it during WW2 who were entitled to wear the revised version? So how many were still around in 1957 or beyond to receive it??
                    Now you guys know way more than I do on this subject so am I incorrect in my thinking???
                    Well firstly, the piece in question is obviously junk, as it has a fraudulent L/50 mark......it is most likely a recently made piece, with no connection to any reputable German maker of decorations...either wartime or postwar!!!
                    There were many RK winners that survived the war, many joined the Bundeswehr, some would still have had their original award RK's and Oaks if they won them too... While wearing their awarded RK with its banned Swastika would not be allowed, they could wear their awarded Oaks, only alongside the new 57er version of the RK...Some vets may have either lost their original Oaks, or chose to buy new ones at the same time as their 57 RK, either way, their was a market for postwar Oaks, first as vets replacement pieces, and then as collectors items!!
                    The Oaks made today by S&L, are for such collectors, but I guess as long as even one Oaks winner is still alive, he could need a replacement set, or his relatives could also, if trying to recreate his wartime awards in postwar or 57 versions of any decorations he won!!!
                    -Nigel

Comment

"Sammler - Arsenal" is really on a roll with his fake S&L PLM's, not long since his last, similar piece, he has another.....S&L marked case, the type used for the Red Cross decorations, that's fine...but the PLM
                      Already at 215 Euro's with a couple of days to go.....who buys this crap????
                      3c89febea281b13c71ee23b34f016a9a9.jpg

16629ba053eb9aba872b347c4cdb740be.jpg

13a9bce4515048c169e271f3d4869b19d.jpg

27bd1457447f3a7d346b3aab95c6a123e.jpg

Comment

Like the lunar surface that enamel. The case would be good to keep my PLM in, the cross he can keep.

Comment

Yeah, saw that one too....more waves than a good day of surfing...nice case...and only offering a double striped ribbon for a 'crowned' PLM....hmmmm

Comment

Our old "friend" sammler-arsenal has this for sale at the moment......
                            3bf75a197675e51e22b733485b35b8cf7.jpg

3ab17966690c1d35c87f4f60f44a43477.jpg

1d121a6443896631b163705ee3f95d7bf.jpg

4196398cdafa55c7c606000d09335d5b0.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X