X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Bay Hall Of Shame!!!

Hi Guys!!
    Here's the place to name and shame the E-Bay sellers who, in your opinion, regularly pass off fake 57ers, artificially aged pieces etc etc
    Rather than post links to live auctions, I think it would be best to simply add the user name of any E-Bay seller you think we should avoid, if you want to give a brief description of the type of things they sell, that, I think, would be fine!!!

Heres a few from Ebay Germany for starters............

JAGUARXJ3
    EISERNERHANS
    FOTOSUNDVIELMEHRDE
    MARS-MILITARY
    SWOTL
    Last edited by Nigel N; 09-02-2013, 03:58 PM.
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Hi All,

From US EBay:

minniespleasures77

Seller is in Canada

Sometimes the items are marked as reproductions and sometimes not. Currently selling a '57 KVK1 w/swords MM and stamped 800 and 21 as if the item was really manufactured by Godet! 14 bidders and the item is up to $15.50 .......

Comment

The well known fake 1957 Knights Cross the "Morigi fake", there is one on E-Bay U.K. now, being sold as an original for £399 ! by seller "a anderson" here in the U.K. I have messaged him as to its originality, this is his reply to my message advising him on his cross....

"Dear Sir,
      Thanks for your time. Let me disagree a bit. I know the Morigi crosses very well and I can guarantee that this example is not one of them. If it is a fake – which I doubt –, it is definitely not a Morigi.
      I would say this is a late production St&L made in the early 1980's. As you are very well aware, Steinhauer & Luck apparently stopped production of the RK around 1986...however it is today still offered in their price lists. Steinhauer & Luck offered the Knights Cross both solid silver frames marked 800 and non marked plated frames during the life of its production.....
      If you check a B type St&L, you will see that the acorn cup is smooth on the core....
      Best regards
      Andrew"

Apparently this dealer knows something about these 57er RK's.......but not a lot !
      Having checked my collection of eight St u L 57er RK's, the "B" "C" & "D" framed both first & second core versions, not one has a smooth acorn cup as suggested by Herr anderson ! (which as you guessed I already knew) His is a Morigi fake no matter how he dresses it up ! you have been warned. Looking through his 1957 awards for sale, it appears it is all late open hinge stuff wildly overpriced !
      My advice is to stay away from this seller.
      Prost ! Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk View Post
        Hi All,

From US EBay:

minniespleasures77

Seller is in Canada

Sometimes the items are marked as reproductions and sometimes not. Currently selling a '57 KVK1 w/swords MM and stamped 800 and 21 as if the item was really manufactured by Godet! 14 bidders and the item is up to $15.50 .......
        This guy's "crap" always seems to have multiple bids on almost all of the posts ?? I think they are some how "fake" bids to help sucker in others. I wonder if Ebay can tell whether or not these are legit posted bids ?? Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
          This guy's "crap" always seems to have multiple bids on almost all of the posts ?? I think they are some how "fake" bids to help sucker in others. I wonder if Ebay can tell whether or not these are legit posted bids ?? Tom
          If they were bids from the same person all the time, that would be very suspicious, but I guess shill bidding is hard to prove??
          -Nigel

Comment

Sellers are usually smart enough to get assistants to add bids or out bid if a desired price isn't reached.

Comment

Shill Bidders.

Not much different here in the States.
              Most of the auction houses themselves are either selling phonies to begin with or they claim they don't have the knowledge on whether its a Repro or not.
              Spurious at best.

Comment

I find that most dealers here in the U.K. fail to mention wether the piece is early or late, i.e. open or closed hingeblock, wether by ignorance or otherwise, and that the price (usually high) is for both types ! One dealer in particular stands out, he apparently wrote a book about them, so he should know better !......I guess its its all about maximum profit..........
                Prost ! Steve.

Comment

I see on eBay, that Minniespleasures77 has an item that has 22 bids on it. When I checked the bidders identities, it shows; "Private listing. Bidders identities protected".

Uh-huh.

A company in my own back yard, too!

Cheers,

Bill

Comment

I remember when that "bidders identities protected" nonsense was first introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by sam steele View Post
                      I see on eBay, that Minniespleasures77 has an item that has 22 bids on it. When I checked the bidders identities, it shows; "Private listing. Bidders identities protected".

Uh-huh.

A company in my own back yard, too!

Cheers,

Bill
                      Thanks Bill ! He does this ALL the time....Private listing my A** This guy will not like our new Thread !! I love it Tom

Comment

I hate to act like a pitbull attached to Minnies leg, but I also noticed that of 89 items presently listed for sale, ALL 89 have multiple bidders, including one that has 30 bidders on it. Geez..........if only I had that kind of savvy, to know what items would get multiple bidders.

Cheers, and good night.

Bill

Comment

Don´t bid on 57ers from the user gelegenheitsembargo

All late crap

Comment

Originally posted by Irideacorgi View Post
                            The well known fake 1957 Knights Cross the "Morigi fake", there is one on E-Bay U.K. now, being sold as an original for £399 ! by seller "a anderson" here in the U.K. I have messaged him as to its originality, this is his reply to my message advising him on his cross....

"Dear Sir,
                            Thanks for your time. Let me disagree a bit. I know the Morigi crosses very well and I can guarantee that this example is not one of them. If it is a fake – which I doubt –, it is definitely not a Morigi.
                            I would say this is a late production St&L made in the early 1980's. As you are very well aware, Steinhauer & Luck apparently stopped production of the RK around 1986...however it is today still offered in their price lists. Steinhauer & Luck offered the Knights Cross both solid silver frames marked 800 and non marked plated frames during the life of its production.....
                            If you check a B type St&L, you will see that the acorn cup is smooth on the core....
                            Best regards
                            Andrew"

Apparently this dealer knows something about these 57er RK's.......but not a lot !
                            Having checked my collection of eight St u L 57er RK's, the "B" "C" & "D" framed both first & second core versions, not one has a smooth acorn cup as suggested by Herr anderson ! (which as you guessed I already knew) His is a Morigi fake no matter how he dresses it up ! you have been warned. Looking through his 1957 awards for sale, it appears it is all late open hinge stuff wildly overpriced !
                            My advice is to stay away from this seller.
                            Prost ! Steve.
                            Nice thread! I think it would also be helpful to add photos of what these fraudsters are selling. I'll start with A Anderson and his 57er RK - which I also believe is fake (whether it is the Morigi Fake or not - it is Fake!!!). I have been on the hunt for a decent 57er RK and saw a couple of problems with this one. For starts, it's on eBay! Aside from that, one big turn off for me is the lack of definition in the beaing on the frame. I did not notice the acorns, but because of the lack of definition on the frame, I stopped paying attention.
                            For future reference, I am posting photos of the RK being sold by ebay seller "A..Anderson"' here:

The Tamia flat black model paint job is also a nice touch isn't it?

Comment

schnuffi47.7134
                              Has this RK for sale........
                              $T2eC16R,!ysE9sy0iIGeBSLFgZiLOw~~60_12.jpg

One of the newer fakes, that has acorns like a Deschler EK!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X