This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Nigel,

Enjoying my day in the Hall of Shame! Here is a quick image.......
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the photo! Please post it when you get it. we need a close look at this one!!!
      Meanwhile, more of the usual crap from Hamburg again, this time "uwefuchs"
      Another fake EK1 & DKiG, and again stickpins! Different background cloth but could be our man again!!!
      DA3g9hWVNuKm138227904963P2041.jpg

1PbVSKRjNFua138227947962P2041.jpg
      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

[ATTACH]2688433[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2688434[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2688435[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hi All,

The '57 Ost medal in question arrived from Germany and here are some quick images.........

It is next to a '39 Ost MM #3 for comparison. I do not have a '57 Ost to compare with.

Please see the above photos as well and let me know your comments as they are appreciated!
            Attached Files

Comment

Two additional images.....

Side view.....very thick!

and in the supplied case.......
              Attached Files

Comment

The side view...Love the "holes" in it.... Pretty bad ! I like your WW2 #3 however ! Thanks for posting Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the positive comment on the '39 Ost, it is one of my favorites. I have the packet and the minty long ribbon to match, however that is a post for another area. I was surprised how "squished" the Mod. 24 grenade appears in the side view of the '57 Ost. The seller certainly would never show this view, especially with the holes as you have mentioned.

Comment

Hi! Toms opinion, and Steves original view on this piece are both correct unfortunately!!
                    Its appears to be a bad casting, probably an attempt to pass it off as an S&L piece, but nothing is really right about it, they also seem to have tried to age the piece, but the uneven border widths, over thick body etc don't match any known originals!!
                    Don't know if theres a chance to get your money back???
                    Avoid this seller!!!!!!!!!
                    -Nigel

Comment

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for the comments and it is definitely what we had guessed. That being said this is my "stupid tax" and I will look for a nice S&L piece on the WAF. The below image is the eBay description for the bad '57 Ost. The seller blatantly and fictitiously lists the producer as Steinhauer. Should be Steinhauer of China!

Another point is if a listing looks like the below, run like hell!

Case closed...........
                      Attached Files

Comment

The end of the grenade is so thick because the medal is so thick. Once you compare it the differences are obvious, but until you do you could easily be fooled if you didn't know what to look for (like me, very new to Ost medal variations). My rule is for decent fakes/ fillers go to the people who name them as such. For the real thing, come here, or to the sites where people here have found stuff that is worth buying and have shared the info with the rest of us. This buying thing has really become something of a group effort. It needs to be just so that people aren't ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk View Post
                          Hi Nigel,

Thank you for the comments and it is definitely what we had guessed. That being said this is my "stupid tax" and I will look for a nice S&L piece on the WAF. The below image is the eBay description for the bad '57 Ost. The seller blatantly and fictitiously lists the producer as Steinhauer. Should be Steinhauer of China!

Another point is if a listing looks like the below, run like hell!

Case closed...........
                          I looked at this guy's Junk...and boy it is even more that Junk...it's Crap !

Comment

Most outlandish thing I've seen lately !

Hello guys, Go to US Ebay, enter Knights Cross 1957 and check out the newly posted "original" groupings this jerk is offering ! UNBELIEVABLE !!! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                              Hello guys, Go to US Ebay, enter Knights Cross 1957 and check out the newly posted "original" groupings this jerk is offering ! UNBELIEVABLE !!! Tom
                              I have asked seller several questions....no response. Appears what he has done is either wrote to these RKT's or purchased the signed photos and then added some possibly S&L crosses & medals. I know 3 of the RKT's had passed away before what look like LATE S&L example RK's were even made ! One of these RKT's I KNOW FOR a FACT NEVER owned a 57 RK ! He told ME in person he would NEVER own or wear this type ! This seller is a rip off jerk ! Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

I checked out the listing and it is amazing what is occurring with Militaria items and eBay. I guess caveat emptor applies in all transactions or else the buyer will be paying some "stupid tax"!

Best and Run Like Hell!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X