50's EKI???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff Mike!!!
    It is gonna be a big job to work out a timeline, i'm going to start on my EK1's, take close ups of core details, frame (with any die flaws), and hardware! Then i can compare one with another and see what that tells us!
    Hopefully the other guys can do the same, then we can have a wide database!!
    Congrats again on a great early cross, and all the info that comes with it!! -nigel
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Thanks to my wonderful friend NIGEL I was fortunate enough to add this piece to my collection today! What can you say about a friend like this guy? Cheers my friend!!! Cheers to you!!!

Well, it will arrive soon so for now only seller pics. My first Deumer MM'd L/11 EKI!!! Not the rarest, but a nice example of more "scarce" cross as Nigel would say! I think there is NO DOUBT this one is from the 50's. Is there???
      Attached Files

Comment

I just love the elegantly shaped pin on this type. Note the MM peeking through under the catch.

Nigel, you're a prince!
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mike, glad to be able to help and return the many favors you've done me!!
          Its one of the very earliest Deumers, matt paint finish, wide hinge and the elegantly shaped pin, probably wartime leftovers, oh yes...and its MM'd too
          It does'nt get much better for a 57 EK!! -Nigel

Comment

It does'nt get much better for a 57 EK!!
            There´s nothing more to say about this EK
            A really great piece where i can only say...schilder011.gif

Comment

Took me a while to get this photographed, but here's two of my early EKI's to add to this discussion. The clean frame has a nice cream colored frosting to it, much like you'd see on 1st patt RK's.
              Attached Files

Comment

Pair

Side by side view. Notice the one on the right, with the cracked paint, and nice patina has the look of a WW2 cross.
                Attached Files

Comment

backs

Same hardware on reverse
                  Attached Files

Comment

2 very nice early EK's there George!!!...... -Nigel

Comment

Now check this one out, a real mix of early and later features!!!!!Scannen0001.jpg

Comment

Reverse..........Scannen0007.jpg

Comment

That dot on the obverse is for mounting the suspension loop on the EKII! Thanks for sharing, Nigel.

Comment

Click HERE for an interesting discussion on a cross very similar to the one that started this thread.

Comment

Nigel,

Is the last EKI you posted yours? I noticed it's very similar to the one you referred to as "the culprit" even down to the black stuff on the backside. They've got to be from the same hersteller, but who is it? I see some S&L traits, but the hinge, catch, etc give me pause in stating it's S&L with certainty.

A couple of real beauties there Geo! Man I love that cream colored frosting!

Comment

Originally posted by mbizy View Post
                                Nigel,

Is the last EKI you posted yours? I noticed it's very similar to the one you referred to as "the culprit" even down to the black stuff on the backside. They've got to be from the same hersteller, but who is it? I see some S&L traits, but the hinge, catch, etc give me pause in stating it's S&L with certainty.

A couple of real beauties there Geo! Man I love that cream colored frosting!
                                Hi Mike, no that ones not mine, but as you say, very similar to one that i do own, with semi-open hingeblock, and later style catch!
                                Interesting that this one has, as George pointed out, the locating mark on the frame for soldering the jump ring when used on an EK2, i've only ever seen this on EK1's from the very late 60's or early 70's! But with the Souval style pin, this one should be much earlier than that!! -Nigel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X