No announcement yet.

50's EKI???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just received an e-mail from the seller of this cross. It IS VAULTED!!! Not only that but it is ATTRIBUTED to his grandfathers brother, one Paul Bozenhardt!

See scans provided of Herr Bozenhardt...
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That is awesome.
            Will you get the document and photos?
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks Trev,

I'm going to request them but I don't think it is likely. The seller tells me he's keeping the pre-45 items and selling the post war pieces. Who knows, maybe if I throw enough money at it it will work out.

Comment

Woohoo!!! What a result Mike!!! Not only vaulted, but attributed too!!! Now that really is something special!!!
                I'm so happy for you buddy, what a score!!!! 00hour.gif -Nigel
                sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Thanks Nigel! I had no idea about this either! I contacted the seller yesterday after Trevor's keen eye picked up on the cross possibly being vaulted and got a reply today stating it was vaulted and the then also the info I posted above!

In the last few minutes I sent an e-mail to the seller asking if he has the 1957 award docs or any other pieces this man may have won. We'll see.

Now back to dating of these crosses. Trev makes a great point that many of what we call S&L crosses may indeed be from other makers or collaborations of various makers. It's mostly if not entirely conjecture, but worth exploring for sure.

Nigel, I know you have crosses with wide pin and then also other attributes thought to be used in later manufacture. Can you please post a few of those in this thread for reference sake?

Comment

ATTRIBUTED
                    That is really great and i´m very happy for you If the seller don´t want to sell the documents, maybe he can make a copy for you, that would be fair.

It´s really fantastic what´s going on here with the attributed pieces, about every week one......

57ers are boring ?? Ha ha, i can only laugh about that

Comment

Any of you guys have a 'new form' 1st class with the typical 'new form' S&L pin with a WW II stock frame and finish?

Comment

Originally posted by mbizy View Post

Nigel, I know you have crosses with wide pin and then also other attributes thought to be used in later manufacture. Can you please post a few of those in this thread for reference sake?
                        Ok Mike, The main culprit is this one.....medals%20448.jpg
                        The Souval/coke bottle pin, but later thick catch, semi open hinge block, not the usual early quality hinge & hinge pin, and not the overall quality of finish we associate with an early 57 EK1!!!!

Comment

Heres a side view showing the semi-open style of hingeblockmedals%20449.jpg

Comment

Heres a pic of the reverse's of the four EK's i've got with the Souval style pin, check out the bottom left, this one looks very early compared with the others, the top left is the one thats very light and "tinny", but i really think these four crosses have been made over a period of several years, and are not all early production, just too many differences between them, or even by different makers, if Trevors idea is rightmedals.jpg

Comment

Front view of the same four EK's......medals%20450.jpgI'll check frames and cores when i get a chance!!

Comment

Good info Nigel which unfortunately seems only to lead to more questions! A careful study is defnitely needed if there is any hope of cataloging New Form EK's and creating an accurate timeline.

I did receive this reply from the EKI seller today -

Hello Mike,
                                I send you all award dokuments.
                                There where given no especially 57er documents.
                                My uncle bought the iron cross for Paul with the original award
                                document in 1960 from the german army "Bundeswehr".
                                Greetings from Germany !
                                Erik

So it seems the cross was made in or before 1960 if indeed this information is accurate. He also sent a picture of Paul's father Gustav in WWI uniform. Apparently a family with proud military tradition. Paul also won the EKII, KvK2 w/swords, Ost Medal and Silver Wound Badge. I will recieve copies of all of these docs along with the EKI!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by mbizy; 11-03-2009, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X