Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As mentioned above, a great thread with fantastic patches. Wish I had something to add to the conversation but do not , other than keep em coming.

Comment

Happy New Year!

I can only echo Mr. Chatt’s comment; and I would like to offer my sincere appreciation to all those who have shared their Outstanding examples.

My special thanks to ‘Tredhed2’ for doing much of the ‘heavy lifting’ in support of this thread with the numerous offerings from his Vast collection; and as I am a ‘quasi insignia collector’, for his off forum contact with me.

It would be wonderful for the WAF if this thread were able to continue in the same spirit as it was started.

My best wishes to all for a healthy, happy, prosperous 2016!

Finally, for me, for now,……

B. N. Singer
      Attached Files

Comment

This has been one hell of a thread with some outstanding and beautiful patches from many collections. To all that have shared for all to see and enjoy THANKS!!. hopefully we can keep it going as more come to light or found and added! there is such a VAST amount of theatre made patches out there you could spend a lifetime and not see them all, hopefully the powers to be would consider pinning this thread for reference for us to enjoy and use to ID variants . Here is my latest contribution, fantastic Chinese made silk 1st USMC division patch.

Fritz
        Attached Files

Comment

Since you showed a very handsome and well done Chinese insignia, here is another Chinese made patch. It's Co B, 701st MP Bn and this was my late father's favorite patch in my collection. He always marveled that he could can see the "MP" letters on the brassard.
          Attached Files

Comment

Tred, that is a COOL looking patch! I can see why he liked it

Fritz

Comment

Bringing this thread back up with a new addition to my patch collection. Most likely Italian made but a very nice 1st pattern pre 1944 USN Amphibious Forces Patch

Fritz
              Attached Files

Comment

anymore examples out there? Lets keep this thread going, weve had some stellar patches posted and would like to see some more.

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Fritziii View Post
                  anymore examples out there? Lets keep this thread going, weve had some stellar patches posted and would like to see some more.

Fritz
                  Fritz; I hope my small effort will qualify.
                  These were purchased as souvenirs for me in 1944 by my aunt, stationed as an army nurse at the 24th General Hospital in Florence, Italy. I recall her saying the 15th was "expensive".
                  Bob
                  Attached Files

Comment

Some more aviation theater made. The last 9th is printed on a canvas material.

Bob
                    Attached Files

Comment

Blood Chit

While unofficial, unlike most insignia worn on Class A's, these were intended to be worn into combat on jackets. I have heard these were made from yak hide, at least the ones made in China. I have no camera and my scanner could not quite accommodate the entire piece for which I apologize. I hope enough is shown to give the general idea. Bob
                      Attached Files

Comment

Merrill's

Embroidered on a lightweight untrimmed canvas with traces of sizing still evident.
                        Bob
                        Attached Files

Comment

Robert, beautiful patches!! Love the 15th and bombardier patches!!!

Fritz

Comment

I thought I would try and breath some life back into this amazing thread. Here are some of my favorite theater made patches!

German Made 3rd Armored

Comment

British Made Artillery Soaring Glider

Comment

British Made Infantry Soaring Glider

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X