No announcement yet.

Kia engraved purple heart, Bronze Star and silver star grouping opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could someone help me with the value of this as i may need to part with this set

Comment

More than I can afford...

It's agreat medal group, sorry you have to part with it. Did you ever do any research or order his record or the citation?

Comment

Here's a question about the SS. If the G.O. is known can a write-up for the medal be acquired from the archives at College Park? I have a G.O. number for a SS recepient but the write-up for the same has been elusive. The family has never seen it and I would like to read it myself!

Comment

Originally posted by gj dettore View Post
          Here's a question about the SS. If the G.O. is known can a write-up for the medal be acquired from the archives at College Park? I have a G.O. number for a SS recepient but the write-up for the same has been elusive. The family has never seen it and I would like to read it myself!
          I recommend asking Brandon Weigand (http://ddaymilitaria.com/) about this. He did a great job researching my medal grouping and knows his way around the source material.
          Adam

Comment

I'm assuming you already tried contacting the NPRC in St. Louis?

If it is at College Park, it would be a coincidence; the unit's historian would have had to include citations among the documents sent to the National Archives. Each unit did things their own way when it came to records saved & submitted.

Do you have just the G.O. number, or the actual General Order? I ask because sometimes the text of the citation is included in the GO.

What branch and time frame are we talking about here?
            Originally posted by gj dettore View Post

Comment

Oh I see Adam already replied-- If the GO you are talking about is from WWII, Brandon should be able to help. He charges a modest fee.

Comment

Is he african american? The name seems like it may be, if so it adds a premium to the set. (possibly tripple ) silver stars citation also once read may make it even more desirable as that is a pretty high award . You may regret selling it some day.

Comment

As for a price on it if you decided to sell it would depend on the research. Once you have it all done and the paperwork in your hand you can make a better call on the price. Medal groups with named SS are on the high side so its probably worth more then you think.

Comment

You could likely just sit back and review offers soon coming your way as a means of soon discovering what people would pay.

Comment

Will be putting this up for sale on the estand soon unfortunately gotta let this go.
                      Have had many offers. Can anyone give me a value on this I collect German items so have no real idea on a value ? If so feel free to pm me.

Thanks

Comment

Since no one else has chimed in yet, I will throw out there that offers will probably START in the $650 to $700 range, based on their being three named medals here, as opposed to only the Silver Star and Purple Heart. I personally think that while all three named is not ultra rare or anything, it is a bit harder to find.

Your guy was KIA June 1st, 1944, the 36th Division was trying to get to and take Rome in that time period.

Good luck with it, it is a really nice set!

MW

Comment

He was killed in Italy. He's my great uncle. My brother did not ask anyone if he could sell, lied to the family and said he donated them to a museum. I would really love to have them back in our family. If anyone knows their whereabouts I'd really love to buy them back please. Kreebee77@gmail.com. thank you so much. Krista

Comment

Wow, that's terrible that happened to your family.
                            This is a pretty old thread, I hope you can get the medals back.
                            Good Luck Krista

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X