Uniforms Worn While Deployed to Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt M View Post
    Wow, they have some nice uniform, items now.
    Here are the old BDU's from the 80's
    Big Alice packs and Jungle Boots...….who could forget LOL
    Hey Matt,

Beat your boots Airborne!

Looking pretty sharp my friend. There was something to be said about light weight BDUs, jungle boots and monster rucks. Were you in when jungle fatigues were still authorized?

Have a great day in the 'Double A'!

TJ (five jump chump)

Comment

Originally posted by ffuries View Post

That picture was taken in June 2002, at Karshi Khanabad (K2) Uzbekistan after the HAS we were operating out of tested positive for residual chemical agents (Soviet). I was ordered to write off approximately $1,000,000.00 in classified and sensitive aircrew survival and flight equipment. When I refused we were given access for one evening, and this is how we went in.

There is about 10 plua pictures from that night, pre entry, getting the equipment out, and going through decon. The decon was provided by the Army.

The whole incident is a story in itself.......
      Damn Mike, I had no idea s_ _t like that was going on. That 's probably why they started avoiding K2 and were routing people through Kyrgyzstan by '04. I'm sure the Army DECON team handled the "Zoomies" with kid gloves....not! I'd like to hear the whole story some day.

Take care,
      TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post

Damn Mike, I had no idea s_ _t like that was going on. That 's probably why they started avoiding K2 and were routing people through Kyrgyzstan by '04. I'm sure the Army DECON team handled the "Zoomies" with kid gloves....not! I'd like to hear the whole story some day.

Take care,
        TJ
        TJ

I PMed you the statement I did up earlier this year for the House Oversight Committee. We are having a high cancer rate and other issues along with a high death rate among K2 vets. Hopefully the document went through correctly.

Mike
        TSgt USAF Retired
        Jan 86 - Sept 08
        Aircrew Life Support
        "Your Life Is Our Business"
        (122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
        NRA Life Member

Comment

. Were you in when jungle fatigues were still authorized?

Yep, I really liked those uniforms.

. Matt Army 2.JPG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X