Japanese Shin Gunto for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Shin Gunto for review

Hello experts here. I am new to Japanese swords. I would like to know if it is common for Shin Gunto to have Damascus blade? Also, have you guys come across name engraved onto the bottom of blade (instead of the tang)?

I was trying to upload a couple of pictures here but failed to do that because the insert photo button requires me to enter an URL which I don't have for my pics...could anyone help? thankyou
    Last edited by hmfung; 07-21-2018, 12:35 AM.

The damascus blade makes it sound like a recent Chinese-made copy. Something like the image below? View this page for "fake vs. real".

More examples from our WAF forum

--Guy
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hmfung View Post
      Hello experts here. I am new to Japanese swords. I would like to know if it is common for Shin Gunto to have Damascus blade? Also, have you guys come across name engraved onto the bottom of blade (instead of the tang)?

I was trying to upload a couple of pictures here but failed to do that because the insert photo button requires me to enter an URL which I don't have for my pics...could anyone help? thankyou
      When you go to the "Manage Attachments" page. Above the "URL" window that you mentioned, there are 4 "Choose file" buttons. Clicking one of those will give you the oportunity to browse for your picture.

Comment

Originally posted by hmfung View Post

Hello and welcome,

What you describe (Damascus blade and engraving of name on blade) are indicators of a Chinese made copy.

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X