5.senior learned friend
    6.strong
    7.coming
    8.month
    9.third day
    10.no.
    11.the name of the guy wrote this letter
    12.the name of the guy received this letter

I think this is a personal letter from a soldier to his senior learned friend in Japan describing his experience on the battlefield.
    Incredible, thank you. If this is a soldier's letter, then what I was told about this grouping is correct.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Comment

Classy

"Don't do the Trump strategy and make it seem as if I were rude. "

A forum for history buffs and militaria enthusiasts ... and someone's gotta throw personal politics into the mix.

Sort of expected the folks in this forum to be a bit bigger than this. Classy.

Bryan sends

Comment

Originally posted by Bryang View Post

A forum for history buffs and militaria enthusiasts ... and someone's gotta throw personal politics into the mix.

Bryan sends
        Seems to be the prevailing attitude. I was slammed for not saying "thank you," before I ever had an opportunity to say "thank you!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bryang View Post

Bryan sends
          Although I said I wouldn't post again on this thread, it seems that you are attacking me personally, so I feel compelled to offer a defense, however unconvincing. Please do not include 'the folks in this forum' as being 'classy' when I was the only one who wrote that. Aim your criticism at me only.

As for the Trump reference, I guess I should apologise but I don't see how that is introducing 'personal politics.' I only meant to say that the OP should reflect upon why I thought he was rude, not just call me rude because I called him rude.

Anyway, perhaps you are right. Mentioning political figures is uncalled for...

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog View Post
            Seems to be the prevailing attitude. I was slammed for not saying "thank you," before I ever had an opportunity to say "thank you!"

Reviewing this thread (the only one you have posted on), I can find no instance of you having been 'slammed for not saying "thank you."'

If by 'prevailing attitude' you mean my comments, please do not apply that to others in this forum. I wrote as an individual, not as a forum representative.

As for your earlier comment: 'I'm new to this forum and didn't realize that that members charged fees for their assistance in preserving history.' Well, please remember that no one is under any obligation to help you with anything. If someone refuses to help, please do not try and make him feel guilty--as if it is his responsibility to work for free to help you preserve your pieces of history. People help because they want to help. There is no duty to spend hours and hours to help you translate items in your personal collection.

Anyway, some people on this forum did help you. I myself did not, but again, please do not make a sweeping generalization of all the members when one person offends your sense of duty.

Oh, I suppose again I have spent too much time addressing this. Sorry I caused trouble for all the others in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by imperialjapan View Post
              Reviewing this thread (the only one you have posted on), I can find no instance of you having been 'slammed for not saying "thank you."'

If by 'prevailing attitude' you mean my comments, please do not apply that to others in this forum. I wrote as an individual, not as a forum representative.

As for your earlier comment: 'I'm new to this forum and didn't realize that that members charged fees for their assistance in preserving history.' Well, please remember that no one is under any obligation to help you with anything. If someone refuses to help, please do not try and make him feel guilty--as if it is his responsibility to work for free to help you preserve your pieces of history. People help because they want to help. There is no duty to spend hours and hours to help you translate items in your personal collection.

Anyway, some people on this forum did help you. I myself did not, but again, please do not make a sweeping generalization of all the members when one person offends your sense of duty.

Oh, I suppose again I have spent too much time addressing this. Sorry I caused trouble for all the others in this forum.
              Holy Hell, Bro! First of all, "prevailing" is not all-inclusive. To those who assisted me, I was very verbal in my thanks. It was Imperial Japan who immediately climbed up my backside, calling me "rude" for even posting such a request BEFORE anybody had a chance to help, and BEFORE I would have done the right thing and offered my thanks. I get it; a lot (read NOT ALL) of the individuals on this forum come across as uptight elitists, and that's not just my opinion! If this offends you (or anyone else) then take a look in the mirror and ask yourself, why.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X