nco fair estand price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nco fair estand price

could someone tell me what would be a fair estand price for this nco sword matching numbers
    thanks
    nick

photos are not loading this is the message i get
    This page can’t be displayed
    Make sure the web address http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com is correct.

Comment

worked
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

clean blade no rust damage or chips

Comment

Looks fake!

Comment

I have to agree ....... a fake.
              The ONLY part that could possibly be real, is the Guard (tsuba)

Comment

Well I am shocked
                I don't collect or normally buy this type of thing but it came out of a house clearance ,with a lot of German bits all good, and looked fine to me
                Arsenal stamps look correct (to me) numbers on scabbard throat match the blade
                Screw through the tsuka is the correct type and it doesn't look as if it's been apart so I don't think the tsuba has been swapped
                So what should I have seen?

Comment

throat number if that makes a difference
                  Attached Files

Comment

thats brass brazed into the scabbard throat do the fake have this?
                    and there are traces of brown paint on the tsuka which appears to have been cleaned with emery

Comment

Duplicate

Comment

I am sure Stu, others more versed can add to what to look for better than me, but that bare aluminum tsuka (without further investigation) would automatically turn off a lot of people. Playing devil's advocate, and assuming it is merely over cleaned and all paint stripped from the tsuka, it should be a really cheap sword to buy. It seems that condition is everything when it comes to NCOs and this is light years from perfect.

Also, should there be some kind of arsenal stamp near the number on the blade, or is that with only a portion of NCO's?

Tom

Comment

The tsuka had been cleaned with an abrasive you can see the original brown paint in the crevasses
                          I cannot find a fake with the brass throat insert could the scabbard be genuine??
                          If it was a "proper", to be snobbish ,Japanese sword I would have no problems

Comment

The photo of the throat in thread #9 says it all.....fake.

Comment

Originally posted by STEGEL View Post
                              I have to agree ....... a fake.
                              The ONLY part that could possibly be real, is the Guard (tsuba)
                              Looks much fake , dosnt have the lines on the rim.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X