No announcement yet.

Officer's Sword on EBAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll send you some photos as soon as there developed which will be on Thursday. i really need a digital camera

Comment

Originally posted by Tanaka
      Tom, i bought on Saturday a family blade dating from pre 1590 in WW2 mounts. Great condition silver family mon fitted with its officers tassle and pierced tsuba. I paid £1200 for it.
      Tanaka, I purchased one from an antique dealer almost a year ago....It has a silver family mon on the handle and also a silver foil habaki....It has an older blade with typical wartime (WWII) fittings...It's lacking the tassle....I paid $530 which I'm beginning to think was a steal... Bodes

Comment

Sword

Hi,

If there are no major flaws that was a great buy.

Bill Rannow

Originally posted by bodes
        Tanaka, I purchased one from an antique dealer almost a year ago....It has a silver family mon on the handle and also a silver foil habaki....It has an older blade with typical wartime (WWII) fittings...It's lacking the tassle....I paid $530 which I'm beginning to think was a steal... Bodes

Comment

nice find mate, unfortunatly there are less decent samurai swords over here in the UK which does tend to make them more expensive than those in the US. Im not complaining though, i've already been told its worth £500 more than what i've paid for it.

If somebody wouldn't mind posting them up for me i've got a couple of photos of my new sword if anyone wants to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanaka
            nice find mate, unfortunatly there are less decent samurai swords over here in the UK which does tend to make them more expensive than those in the US. Im not complaining though, i've already been told its worth £500 more than what i've paid for it.

If somebody wouldn't mind posting them up for me i've got a couple of photos of my new sword if anyone wants to see it.
            I can certainly relate Tanaka....I'm from a small area in Michigan and good military items can be somewhat difficult to find also.....I had been looking for some time for an example of a japanese sword....I was leary with the high incidence of fakes and the amount of "wartime" pieces....The one I bought just happened to "turn up" and it just felt right ....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by brannow
              Hi,

If there are no major flaws that was a great buy.

Bill Rannow
              Bill, I don't believe there are any major flaws....I'm not an expert however so I might be somewhat bias when it comes to grading it....Either way, I too believe I didn't do too bad....Thanks...Bodes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X