Tokubetsu joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokubetsu joint

Does anyone know about the combined Army/Navy air groups that where put together late in the war when both groups were running low on pilots.
    And that they schould have used a navy dirk with polished same and a star as mekugi ,instead of the sakura.

The dirk is shown in the book "Japanese pattern dirks" the banks collection page. 10-11.

Heres another dirk with same features.
    Last edited by gunto; 12-05-2014, 08:03 AM.

Could it be early NLF ?

I have no doubt that it was born with the star mekugi and I will consider this dirk as very scarce.
    I will take some close ups when I have it hand.

Here showing both Stars.
    Last edited by gunto; 12-08-2014, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Without any serious provenance it's just speculation. With a star I am curious why you'd think there was any NLF connection? Book example aside, if I saw it my first reaction would be stars were GI added

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
        Without any serious provenance it's just speculation. With a star I am curious why you'd think there was any NLF connection? Book example aside, if I saw it my first reaction would be stars were GI added
        Looking forward to take it apart and to see if the Stars are made the same way as the sakuras.

Do You have the book from K. Banks?

Comment

Air force or perhaps it belonged to an officer of a naval landing force which was attached to a land unit?

Comment

No I don't have that book. What proof/ facts does the auther provide? Is anything similar in the two other books by Gregory & Fuller or Dawson ?
            Last edited by Jareth; 12-09-2014, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Its not in G & F's book.
              Here from Banks book.

This is the one I have on the way. It also has the diamond w/ N and the same looking handle. Same features.
              Last edited by gunto; 12-09-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Interesting. The diamond with N I assume you've not seen on any standard navy daggers? The author admits it's specualtion regarding attribution. Can you perhaps contact him to inquire as to how he came to this assumption?

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
                  Interesting. The diamond with N I assume you've not seen on any standard navy daggers? The author admits it's specualtion regarding attribution. Can you perhaps contact him to inquire as to how he came to this assumption?
                  I have another dirk with same stamp.
                  I try contacting him.
                  Also thinking of Ohmura's gunto site ,I think of contacting him too.

Comment

Sounds more and more like the Tokubetstu joint was something he had smoked.
                    Another irresponsible author, exhaling his trigger happy fantasy for a fancy quick caption that
                    gives collectors a boner? Same smocky den from where suicide boat helmets come from ?
                    So what unit are we talking about exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
                      Sounds more and more like the Tokubetstu joint was something he had smoked.
                      Another irresponsible author, exhaling his trigger happy fantasy for a fancy quick caption that
                      gives collectors a boner? Same smocky den from where suicide boat helmets come from ?
                      So what unit are we talking about exactly?
                      LOL.....
                      The dirks workmanship and materiales ,dosnt either looks like the late war dirks.
                      So I dont by that story either from the author.
                      Thats why I think it might be early NLF army personal joining the NLF.
                      Just a Wild guess.

Comment

Tonight I'm stuck in a hospital bed, so no possibility to do any research , but you know that something like that can only be established through an ordinance with an imperial signature?
                        The dagger was the sacred "diploma" in a solemn ceremony. It is like changing a Totenkopf ring to a Smilely ring to give to ex-army SS men.
                        The German dagger world has Atwood characters that helped to maintain post war Solingen employment. Wasn't there a Seabee unit in Seki doing the rare Tojo naval dagger for those who bought more than a dozen Tojo flags?

Comment

Sorry to hear you are in the hospital. I hope things are on the mend!
                          (I was in a hospital in Frankfurt once for a couple of nights--lesson learned: Don't eat guacamole while in Frankfurt!)

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
                            Tonight I'm stuck in a hospital bed, so no possibility to do any research , but you know that something like that can only be established through an ordinance with an imperial signature?
                            The dagger was the sacred "diploma" in a solemn ceremony. It is like changing a Totenkopf ring to a Smilely ring to give to ex-army SS men.
                            The German dagger world has Atwood characters that helped to maintain post war Solingen employment. Wasn't there a Seabee unit in Seki doing the rare Tojo naval dagger for those who bought more than a dozen Tojo flags?
                            Sounds like you have some strong meds!! (^__^) I like the smiley-face Totenkopf ring idea.

Hope you get well soon.

--Guy

Comment

I have no such problems, as avocado and tomatoes are already lethal enough to me due to
                              the extra-high potassium content. I can go direct to the morge skipping the Krankenhaus.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X