X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag.

Originally posted by chadaz34 View Post
    toe tag
    I have see a tag like this gave as WW 2 in a book but who ? If you sell them...

Comment

not sure

as far as I know its a Japanese ww2 toetag.. not sure though

Comment

I think the tags are wound indicators for medics & Dr.s

Comment

Although the tag allows medics to mark whether the case was urgent or not, interestingly, triage had long been forbidden in the Japanese military. Army doctors had knowledge of triage, as practised in Europe, but this was not included in the army medic's manual established in 1889, as the Japanese doctors regarded triage as a violation of the International Red Cross Treaty that forbade discriminitory or preferential treatment. However, as the imported idea of field hospitals was based on triage, they soon had to come up with a compromise that classified without assigning priority. It was finally in 1923 that assignment of priorities could no longer be avoided and the army developed codes, which only doctors could understand, as triage still remained officially a no-no. This system was first employed generally after the Manchurian Incident.
          The current triage tag used throughout all emergency rescue services in Japan since 1996 looks like the photo below. When the green bar is present no urgent attention is required. When only the black remains it signifies death.
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X