X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my big prize from the show.
    Attached Files

Comment

good looking helmet i don't know anything about the nets so i stay a way from them. there was a lot of nice japanese helmets there.

Comment

Thanks for all of the kind words and information, folks! Keeping my fingers crossed for SOS 2015!

Tom

Comment

Japanese 120mm

I wish I could go to this show. I hear a Japanese 120mm mortar shell was at the meeting. Does anybody know more about the owner and the shell itself? I am very interested in knowing who owns this and if it's available for sale. Good piece. Any pictures of this thing out there?

Maybe PM's are best...

Jim
          Japaneseordnance at Yahoo.com

Comment

Guys,
            Not particulary being a Japanese collector, I may have passed on something I've wanted for a long time. I made several trips to a case previously posted and was temped to buy the circled badge. I just assumed it was a navy pilot's badge, but had no idea whether that's what it was, or whether it might be real. I never managed to catch the dealer at his table, and I gave up. So, what is it?
            Attached Files
            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Naval Pilot proficiency badge

Medals and orders are outside my collecting focus but I've been told these are Naval pilot proficiency badges. Here's a link to a page that has some proficiency badges pictured. I do not know how accurate the information is.

Jim

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/japan/...ficiency.shtml

http://en.ww2awards.com/award/3034

this one just sold on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-WWI...#ht_159wt_1238

Comment

Sos 2014

Hi JCB-
                I heard from some of the guys that they too saw a very rare 120 mm shell. I may be able to recommend a couple of names to you of guys who could put you in contact with the dealer. I'm not sure what the piece was listed at, nor whether it sold. Send me a PM and I'll give you some names.

Larry-
                The badge you are interested in is a navy aviation 2nd class proficiency badge. I can refer you to the dealer so that you can make email contact. Please PM me.

MikeB

Comment

Did anyone happen to see a good conditioned , original , combat helmet net at the show for sale? If so, does anyone remember the dealer? Thanks for any info and for all the great pictures guys

PG-

Comment

Paul,

Eric Doody had a nice worn netted army helmet. I would have seriously considered it, If I hadn't picked up a netted navy. Don't specifically recall, a separate net, but then, I'm old, and with the amount of "stuff", I tend to go "snow blind" quicker than I did when I was young.

Comment

Thanks Dan, I hear you! I am not too old yet, and some days I can't even remember if I am wearing underwear

PG-

Comment

Dan, by the way, that netted IJN you picked up is a smoker

PG-

Comment

Thanks, Paul. It was exactly what I came looking for. Couldn't have worked out better. There was a lot of good Japanese stuff. Just not enough money. Actually planning on the MAX this year.

Comment

Aside from the display case with flight helmets, goggles and gloves, how was the show for Japanese flight gear/clothing?
                            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

2014 sos

Gene-
                              I know that there were a number of flight suits available. There were a few summer weight ones as well as a fur lined winter suit. The ones I saw all had their matching belts. There were also a couple of parachutes for sale. I also saw a number of pilot's watches as well as a clock and lanyard. I think the asking price on the clock was around $1400.00-$1600.00 I also noticed a couple of fairly nice photo albums from both army and navy pilots and perhaps 8-10 army pilot and NCO pilot badges.

MikeB

Comment

Thanks a lot Mike
                                WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X