No announcement yet.

Gryroscope ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe they are uber rare, but not too common either. They pop up off and on in various sites, auction sites, etc. I wish I could tell you if you had a complete one or not, don't know enough about them. Most of the examples that I have seen over the years seem to have come, like yours, in a box w/ ID plate and some extras, but more often than not from the ship yards of Nagasaki. I suppose most if not all IJN bases in Japan had their own torpedo manuf. facilities on site. Thanks for the extra pics.!

Tom

Comment

It looks like it might be missing a linkage or something that holds the 2 big parts together. When the front lid pulls down one section comes with it. THe bottom part stays in the main box. I don't see how they are put together.

Joe

Comment

Anyone know which Type of torpedo this Gyroscope was used in ? Type 91 or 93 ?

Thanks
        Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
          I think this is a Japanese Gryroscope but not sure. What would have this been use for ?
          Hey Joe, check out the photos on this site and see if it's the same type Japanese gyroscope as yours.

--Guy

Comment

Was told they found a quantity of them yrs ago. I had one too

Comment

Type 4= Type 91; used in later part of the war. Link is to Google Books.

Later versions of the basic Type 91 design developed towards the end of the Pacific War were known as the Type 4. (p. 29, penultimate paragraph in that section.)

Source
              --Guy

Comment

Thanks Guy

Mine is not the same as the one pictured on the link. I've been sreaching the web & haven't found alot about these yet. Thanks again for your help I really appreciate it.

Joe

Comment

Here's some more pic
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X