No announcement yet.

Samurai Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. But I am a bit worried about the condition of blade. I don't know how I should clean it or even if I should. How can I clean the dried oil off? Can the nicks be taken out of the edge?

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
      Thank you. But I am a bit worried about the condition of blade. I don't know how I should clean it or even if I should. How can I clean the dried oil off? Can the nicks be taken out of the edge?
      Cliff, at this point leave the sword alone; above all, do NOT try to take the nicks out or "polish/sand" the blade. Nicks can be removed by a qualified polisher, but depending on how deep the nicks are will depend how much of the rest of the cutting edge will have to be reduced. If only the nick is removed and the rest of the cutting edge is not balanced out, it will be noticeable.

Keep waiting for someone to tell you how to remove dried oil -- Bump the thread to the top periodically if necessary.

Hang in there!
      --Guy

Comment

One of the best products for removing hardened oil base products is lighter fluid applied with a soft cloth. It will do not harm to the blade and any excess will oxidize and not rust the steel. The cost of professional polish would not be justified for this blade. Best to leave it as is.

Comment

Thanks for all the help on this. I'm leaving it untouched and just popped it on e-bay. Hopefully it finds a good home and brings me enough money to buy a decant helmet!!

Comment

New I recently saw this sword (I'm a few days late here, been out of town). Anyways, it sold for more than you were quoted so not bad.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X