No announcement yet.

Samurai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to get a good shot of the blade as it is so bright & shiny.
    Attached Files

Comment

mos deff a keeper, my eyes are playing tricks on me think i see a mei...must just be rust pattern.

Comment

Great Score!! Keeper for sure.... tsuba and habaki looks old too. The leather on the scabbard looks better then the first shots at the pawn shop. I think what Budo45 said might be true, a family wakizashi mounted for military use. !!

Comment

Great deal, lucky you. The hamon (temper line) deserve better picture, try to turn the tip of the blade up with light upon it (any lamp will work well) and play with the angle. In order to help to tell you what it is. You see in photo2 where the leather has been broken, but the button on the scabbard is the other side so the leather seppa (the leather piece between guard and handle) is in the wrong sens.

Anyway you did well, it's more the price of a NCO model, koshirae (fittings) themselve are rare and leather scabbard even more. You may often see them, but actually not in that range of price if it's come from a dealer, and sometine less desirable exemple than this one seems to be.
          Last edited by Staldion; 06-30-2012, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Here guys just took a better shot of the blade.Does this help any??
            Dan46
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
            X