Japanese sword off the e-board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snipernuts View Post
    hey Dennis J, relax.......i'm a combat vet, i have very thick skin, i paid alittle over 200 for it, i originally just wanted a decent war time sword to have in my office at the base along with my collection of WW1 and WW2 grenades and helmets that myself and office mate have massed for the last 7 years.

i've gotten some great PM's from other members that have been a great help and I appreciate the experience and advise that has been given me.

first i'm going to see what the cost will be to get the handle redone or replaced, the blade is what it is, WW2 era steel. if the cost is too great, i'll probably just put it on ebay and sell it for what it is. the last japanese sword i owned was when i was in HS, some guy from california gave me 6K for it back in 1982, it was some big swordsmith from the 1700's, at that time, that $$ bought my 1970 R/T Charger, which i still have to this day.

again, thanks to all for the great (and not so great) comments, it is truly appreciated!!

Greg
    Hi Greg;
    I am relaxed and I wish you well with your sword.Thank you for your service.I too am thick skinned, I served in Vietnam in 1967-68 as a Medic on a Husky in the air force .

Dennis J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X