Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That anchor on the insignia card is a bad one

Comment

That photo is from a very large grouping currently on eBay. -NOT- my collection. But from what I can tell, most of it is good. But one bad apple ruins it for me, not that I would even think about giving the kind of money they are asking.

Regards,
      Joel

Comment

One of at least 3 stitches I can see.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hey guys. This quesion is for Jareth, but if others can answer, please do. Should the prongs of the sakura go all the way through the tunic? Seller is holding on shipping till I find out so I'm anxious to find out.

Thanks,
          Joel

Comment

No, it's supposed to be fastened to the backside of the rating not the inside of the sleeve!

Comment

I don't like the stitching going around on that sleeve rank personally
              Last edited by NLF; 01-16-2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks NLF. Do you mean the entire line out stiches outlining it or the single stitches holding it on?

Thank you,
                Joel

Comment

Here is an example of how its attached to the rank. You can see the threads where the rank was "Tacked" on to the sleeve. Regards, David.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The line around the entire rank looks way too tight. I don't know if it's the angle but, stitching on the crossbar of the anchor looks odd also.

Comment

Here is stitching on two different original examples and the shield in question. FWIW, its all good under black-light. You still think its a no-go NLF? Others? Honestly, these shields were manufactued for years, so without doubt there are variations. It is sewn on, by single stitches on the corners and the larger stitches on the egdges. Someone did take the time to do it nicely, but the whole uniform is nice. Uniform is undoubtedly original, and it has a matching cloth tie with matching issue tag. My gut tells me, after looking as so many different examples that it is all good. I'm in contact with the dealer, I've already paid for it, but he doesn't want me to buy if I have any questions at all and will refund my money completely. He was stationed in Japan for 12 years and buys from Japanese dealers and sometimes familys. This is NOT cupman3. Has several thousand transactions and not a single negative. You still feel bad about it NLF? Others? Thank you...

Joel
                      Attached Files

Comment

Worst case you have a bad sleeve rank rest is good so not too bad. The hole in the anchor is even larger material looks really stiff too. It just gave me a bad vibe from first glance maybe it's just me.

Comment

I know you guys have a lot more experience than I do, but over the past 24 hours, I've gone over that image of the shield and others with a fine tooth comb comparing them. I've seen no examples of reproduction insignia of this style to compare to, but if this is a reproduction, someone is taking the time to make a cheap item very very real. I give it a thumbs up, but I sure respect ya'lls experience though. What to do...what to do.....

Comment

I noticed the size of the hole for the anchor too, but there are originals that are the same. This is an origianl that was glued in a scrap book.
                            Attached Files

Comment

same anchor eye or "hoop" size.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The smaller anchor hoops are on shields that have the leaves under them it would seem.

Regards,
                                Joel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X