Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NLF helmet w/cover -

Hello Guys,
    Just got this one from the Vets sons. First one I ever had with the liner like this being still 'puffy'. Missing one headliner retaining ring, the chip strap been cut. Liner seems complete.
    Can someone say what years these were made and perhaps in what battles they were encountered. Can't seem to find many with the cover and the cloth anchor insignia. are these rather scarce?

Any help is appreciated.

-wagner-

They are highly sought out. You have some decent money in your hand there.

Regards,
    Joel

Comment

Comment

Would love to see a photo of the interior.
        Last edited by Der Texaner; 01-14-2012, 11:13 PM. Reason: Looks like you are in the midst of posting! sorry.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Depends on where you live, but it's at least a month's mortgage I would say to a lot of people. That is a truly nice find. You would find these in use during all of the major island battles.

Joel

Comment

Comment

Insignia on helmet present? Just saw pic. Looks like insignia is missing & I think I see ghost of an upside down army star insignia?

Comment

I was just thinking that myself. It would make a sizable difference in value. But the cover alone is highly sought. In fact its not there, you can see the outline in the last photo.

Joel

Comment

Navy cover on an army helmet.

Comment

The top is all sewn odd. This is not standard method of construction. Not that I'm saying it's a fake just never seen one messed up till now.

Comment

Thanks for the info Warren.
                              I believe I was the first one since the war who removed the liner.
                              There is what seems to be a period repair on the covers helmet edge in one area and a un-repaired edge area here.

- wagner-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X