No announcement yet.

The New Heitai Book is Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ordered it through Amazon.com. I'm anxious to take a look.
    Best, Russ

Comment

I received my copy today. I ate lunch alone to be able to pour through the book. Give me a couple more evenings and I'll give my(hopefully unbiased) opinion. I like what I see so far. The amount of personal items(which I enjoy), within the Saiz book, is something I need to work on with mine and Gunnar's set....with the coming 3rd volume. Back after a couple of days reading.
      In Friendly Scholarship, Russ

Comment

Originally posted by Ardire View Post
        I received my copy today. I ate lunch alone to be able to pour through the book. Give me a couple more evenings and I'll give my(hopefully unbiased) opinion. I like what I see so far. The amount of personal items(which I enjoy), within the Saiz book, is something I need to work on with mine and Gunnar's set....with the coming 3rd volume. Back after a couple of days reading.
        In Friendly Scholarship, Russ
        What 3rd volume????

Comment

Evening Gents,
          With a couple of days and evenings to pour over the book; I believe I'm able to give an opinion now. I like it... a lot...It is a very good overview of the Japanese footsoldier of WWII. Lot's of items I have not seen before. They especially did well with personal items, map case items and selecting appropriate photos to complement the closeups of the items. I am jealous of the personal items shown, within the book, as that is an interest of mine. Very nice items. Comparing Saiz' book to mine and Gunnars; I would have to say we beat the new book with our weapon coverage, youth items, articles, sniper items, propaganda artwork, postcards, sword chapter and period photo chapter spread. Of course that is only my opinion. They were able to get a "woodpecker" machinegun in their book that we were not able to...yet. Some of the idea wording is odd to an English speaker...perhaps because it was written in Spain. Overall, I really liked the book and it has motivated me to make a better 3rd volume of Japan At War to fill any gaps and add new stuff. I highly recommend the book called Heitai. Oh, on a strange note, many of the photos they use for particular item chapter descriptors we also used...3-5 occasions it seemed. It will be a valued reference in my library for years to come.
          Chip, Rob, David, Jareth, Rick, Rodney, Zach, Robert, Roy, Luca and everyone else that contributed made our set presentable. Thank you guys!
          Best, Russ

Comment

hi Ardire

maybe an third book,,, just great

i just order the book 75 dollar schipmend includet to belgium

greetings bruno

Comment

Thanks Bruno for the kind words! Please let us know what you think of the Heitai book.
              Best, Russ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X