The New Heitai Book is Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Heitai Book is Now Available

The new book "Heitai - Uniforms, Equipment & Personal Items of the Japanese Infantryman, 1931-1945", is now available. It's 463 pages, thousands of color illustrations - basically, as much information as could possibly be packed into 463 pages.

Retail price is $99, but you can get it from Shooting Gallery Books for $90. Mike at Shooting Gallery Books is very customer oriented and it is a no nonsense customer friendly experience.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks outstanding! Adding to my list of things to buy.

Regards,
        Joel

Comment

I bought his book on WW2 German Infantry gear at a show here last weekend. At first glance it's an attractive book full of photos, but a more careful look revealed it to be full of fakes. His book must have the highest ratio of fakes in it than any other recent book I've seen --a dream come true for many who sell fakes. I still say it's fun to look at, but there are serious questions about the integrity of the content.
          I suspect similar or worse here, so you might want to inspect the book before investing in it.

Comment

Thank you Nick, I'll do that.

Regards,
            Joel

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
              I bought his book on WW2 German Infantry gear at a show here last weekend. At first glance it's an attractive book full of photos, but a more careful look revealed it to be full of fakes. His book must have the highest ratio of fakes in it than any other recent book I've seen --a dream come true for many who sell fakes. I still say it's fun to look at, but there are serious questions about the integrity of the content.
              I suspect similar or worse here, so you might want to inspect the book before investing in it.
              That's an interesting point. Maybe someone can start a thread on both books so that the repros can be identified.

Comment

Looks interesting, I'll have to buy it as well.
                Best, Russ

Comment

I bought my copy at the Milan show a few weeks back ,and think as an all round work its ok ,however the helmet section is very poor indeed ! on the smaller items like equiptment and personal bits its worth the money .The overal presentation and photography is super . The writer would have been wise to have a look at the GHW forum and here before going to print where the headress were concerned though
                  regards
                  R64

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
                    Please tell more, what items are fakes??

Comment

I'll only give one example. In the blanket section, the one with Heereseigentum written across it in green is a post war Austrian army blanket posing as WW2 German.

Comment

I got a chance to look at it as well. There are several collectors complaining that photos they own have been snatched off the internet and used in this book without due credit.

Comment

hello guys

i think a collector friend of me have the book and i now there are german pocketlights in the book that are postwar

greetings bruno

Comment

This is great to know before I spent some money on the book. This is what the forum is all about.

Comment

I skip the book and buy a navy knot instead.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X