No announcement yet.

IJN matched blue tunic and visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes rarely there is good mixed in. I hope he didn't force match this set by forging one or both of the names as well as adding the collar tabs. It's always buyer beware with this seller.

Comment

I'm going to find out. Ve have var vays..........

Even if it isn't matched, I'm still happy with the purchase. BTW, I don't know why I failed to mention it. He said it was matched. The name is NOT on the tunic, jus the hat. But I have a feeling the Officer's name is on the piece of paper I found in the tunic pocket. Match that up to the hat and we'll know it is indeed a set.
      Last edited by Der Texaner; 09-30-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

But as of now, I do not consider these a matched set and I were ever to sell, would not sell as a matched set, unless the paper can prove something. Based on my own expertise, not that I'm claiming much, those Kanji are old, the tab is original.
        Last edited by Der Texaner; 09-30-2011, 09:44 PM.

Comment

black light the stitches on reverse of collar tabs

Comment

Thank you Jareth. Went all over it with a black light, inside and out, pulling up tabs as far as can be, turned it inside out and black lite it. Same on the cap. Every area, especially stiching areas were carefully and throughly checked, even with a magnifiying glass. Nothing glowed but the lint. It was all good. I'm wokring on another deal for a small group from a fellow forum member this evening and tomorrow. I have his permission, providing I am intersted in buying them, to post photo's here, ID him and get all of your opinions. Needless to say, I sure would appreacite yours Jareth and all others for that matter. I'll post once I see the pics and if they are something for me. Sounds real good anyway. Keeping my finger's crossed.

Best wishes,
            Joel

Comment

Any thread on the breast of that tunic indicating medals or ribbons ever worn on it? As a WO, probably not any indicator one way or the other if not, but curious.

Comment

When I got that tunic in, I checked it over carefully. No ribbon or ribbon bar appears to have ever been attached.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X