Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with kanji translation, please

Hi guys,
    I have recently bought this Japanese artwork on e-stand from a respected WAF member but was unable to obtain much help from local friends in regards to kanji translation. I will admit I am completely illiterate when it comes to Japanese language/kanji translation. Therefore, I would truly appreciate any help I can get from WAF members. I know that Nick Komiya and some other gentlemen already tried helping the previous owner with translation, but the photos were not too clear, so I have tried zooming and photographing every separate bit of writing on this piece. Once again, I'd appreciate any contribution one has to offer, so thank you very, very much in advance. Here are the photos:

First, the whole piece:

Then, separate pieces of text, I will number them for easier clarification:
    No. 1

No. 2

No. 3

No. 4

No. 5

No. 6

No. 7

No. 8

No. 9

Last edited by V.I.D.; 03-10-2010, 11:32 AM.

Anybody, please? I would be very, very grateful for every little bit of translation done. If the situation ever arose, I would be more than glad to repay in kind (if ever need help with Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian translation or other South Slavic languages).

Thank you in advance,
    V.I.D.

Comment

Given to a Corporal Tsuchimoto by his comrades in training. Lot's of personal messages to him.

Comment

I love the cat in the sixth picture!

Comment

Thank you Edokko & Blinky for your comments. If anyone else is willing to give it a shot at it, I would appreciate it very much.

Comment

Here's what i wrote before about this flag http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=yankee+girls

Comment

Thank you very much Nick, I was well aware of your previous contribution already, as you can see I have mentioned it in the first post. I guess I just got "greedy" and hoped for some more translations as there seem to be quite a few comments/messages written there. In any event, I am just glad to be in possession of such unique artwork and I am very grateful to you and everyone else that helped translate bits and pieces of it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X