No announcement yet.

Pocket Patch Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this image of an Imperial guard soldier wearing a pocket patch. Looks to be pinned on. a Pvt rank with a number 8 patch attached.

Comment

Group photo of soldiers from the Philippines again showing the wearing of the pocket patch insignia. I have seen these worn on the side of the hat and have a Army field cap with one still attached.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby R. View Post
        Does anyone have some Naval examples to post? I have only owned a few in my time and currently don't have any. They must be tough to find.

Bob,
        I guess these apply.......modified collar or shoulderboards for wearing on chest. Note they are squared off.
        Attached Files

Comment

Dean, yes the squared off ones are the only ones I've seen on a uniform or flight suit chest. Different than the angled Navy collar tabs. Now to fine one sewn on patch with a name below. That would be nice.

Comment

Many thanks for the explanation CB, very interesting. It's nice to see some in-wear pics as well. Thanks to all for posting those - hope to see more patches and pics. Looks to be a unique type of Japanese militaria to collect.

Regards
            Russ

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby R. View Post
              Dean, yes the squared off ones are the only ones I've seen on a uniform or flight suit chest. Different than the angled Navy collar tabs. Now to fine one sewn on patch with a name below. That would be nice.
              I dont think you are likely to find a Navy pocket hanger arrangement like the Army ones. I have never seen one, not even a photo such such a thing.
              Again, that is not to say they never existed, but I think you get the idea!
              Also, sometimes the angled tabs were used also and just stitched to the breast of the uniform. They used whatever they had.

CB

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X