Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Naval Paratrooper Helmet on Ebay

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
    I agree with the last comment (for what it is worth.) As for A.E., he was a super guy who went out of his way to be helpful to anyone who needed it. He wrote me and offered photographs and examples of senninbari for my book. I only wish he had sent them to me before he got too sick. I was unable to photograph any of them... Mike
    I Heard the same thing about him too. Never met him though, but fortunately I have had the privilege of knowing another very prominent IJN aviation collector and he too is a super human being and VERY helpful to many in the IJN aviation field. Thank goodness for the good guys in this hobby. The Good Lord knows that there are enough of the "less kind" people out there.

I had heard that someone conned A.E.'s son out of a choice baby nambu for $500 and very soon after his father's death. What the hell! Talk about a lost soul ... or better yet, how about the accurate description: "GHOUL"!

This hobby is only a passion. I have a great passion for militaria and am fortunate enough to back it up. Why could anyone have a BIG problem paying for an items' worth? A great deal is one thing, but if you want something, don't con & cheat the seller. If you're a seller, then don't pump fakes and rob the buyer. It's called Christian living ... doesn't compute for some I suppose.

My regrets if I have unjustifiably offended anyone, but there's alot of horses' asses out there and it kinda spoils some of the fun for the rest of us; i.e. all the CRAP following the 1st naval para helmet off E-bay.

Christopher
    Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 02-12-2007, 07:43 AM.

Comment

DAKcollector1...

Do you still think E-Bay pre-screens over a million auctions a day before they are posted?

Do you bother to look at the most recent auctions... as to the time they came out?

I could have had another Japanese helmet yesterday... but.... didn't think it was worth $475 plus shipping to me.... It was item number 140084453846.

It was out for 11 minutes before the high bidder bought it. Maybe he had a secret plan the whole time with the seller??

Yea... that's it.... He would take the time and effort to place auctions... pay E-Bay their fees.... and have his friend buy it as soon as possible... so... nobody else can see the auction.

Ever thought what your theory would accomplish for both buyer and seller?

You would see earlier posts on the forum that people call me an "auction sniper".... and that I must be on the computer all day?

I won't waste my time explaining anymore to this conspiracy theorist...

I have a rendezvous in 10 minutes with UFOs.

Elvis and Big Foot will be there.... and we will be discussing listing items for one another... and buying these ASAP before anyone else can see the auction.
      Last edited by Eric Doody; 02-12-2007, 09:38 PM. Reason: Spelled out the word "Japanese."

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?
        When you know the players its easy to predict the game

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1833&rd=1&rd=1
        Bidder 5 Retracted: US $801.00
        Explanation: Entered wrong amount Bid: Feb-08-07 21:55:12 PST
        Retracted: Feb-08-07 21:56:54 PST
        Last edited by Dean Brock; 02-10-2007, 07:36 PM.

Comment

What's the matter Dean? Are you getting worked up cause your gonna have to pay for that flight helmet and/or naval fur lined goggles & case? Looks like a new bidder just entered the game and bidder 4 (maybe you?) just got smoked. Hmmmmmmmmm, its pretty easy to flip your switch.

I thought you were going to stick to the shows?
          Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 02-12-2007, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I'm glad I already have most of these items (flight caps, goggles. para helmets) because with todays impatience, excess disposible incomes & lack of knowledge ebays almost ruined. Throw in the new ebay policy of concealed/anonomous bidders ID is a death bell. Shill bidding & other "legal" manipulation of the ebay system is terrible. The on going auctions mentioned above have proven this. These items are not even close to the end & are already four times their inflated values. Early bidding on auctions does nothing. It does not stop seller from accepting an offer to end early, drives up bids which just result in pissing/bidding wars of wallets & egos. For the life of me I can't understand why anyone wouldn't just be patient & bid their highest in the end? Then I wonder why you'd need to own, or try & own numerous, common, mediocre examples of helmets unless your a dealer. I've stopped answering questions by certain posters who seem to know it all anyway & after seeking advice, get the same answers & still don't learn. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jareth View Post
              I'm glad I already have most of these items (flight caps, goggles. para helmets) because with todays impatience, excess disposible incomes & lack of knowledge ebays almost ruined. Throw in the new ebay policy of concealed/anonomous bidders ID is a death bell. Shill bidding & other "legal" manipulation of the ebay system is terrible. The on going auctions mentioned above have proven this. These items are not even close to the end & are already four times their inflated values. Early bidding on auctions does nothing. It does not stop seller from accepting an offer to end early, drives up bids which just result in pissing/bidding wars of wallets & egos. For the life of me I can't understand why anyone wouldn't just be patient & bid their highest in the end?
              Shucks, if I truly owned all these items then I'd be dancing in my seat at the rising prices rather than bemoaning the money entering the hobby.

I suppose that some of the many bidders on these auctions feel that a good number of decent bids may deter the seller of a RARE and QUALITY item from selling early - and well short on $. This is particularly true where the funds are funding the vet's medical care or supporting the widow and son of a very prominent collector and very decent man.

Jareth, please feel free to share photos of your stuff, or at least some of it, for OUR benefit.

Thank you!
              Last edited by MilitaryCollect; 02-12-2007, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DAKcollector1 View Post

Jareth, please feel free to share photos of your stuff, or at least some of it, for OUR benefit.

Thank you!
                WELL,
                For someone who wants to see items go for their "true worth", you sure as hell want the most important commodity for free- KNOWLEDGE. As a matter of fact you demand that forum members share it with you as well as examples from their collections. I see that as hipocrasy as well as a pitiful attitude of entitlement. Do you think that $25.00 a year entitles this? You have squandered multiple chances on this forum of making any friends and on the contrary you have driven several extremely knowledgable collectors from this forum, people that have better things to do than read your rants. Its give and take and you sir are a taker. You have threatened to sue at least two members on WAF, have insulted an entire race and invoked the widow Hamilton while on your soap box. You have even managed to insult Helmetbuyers before he could explain to you the way ebay operates. Your impetuousness in all facets is clear for everyone to see and you wonder why no one answers your questions?
                Last edited by Dean Brock; 02-11-2007, 05:16 AM.

Comment

My Two Cents

I have collected Japanese militaria for many years.Prices today are higher than they were in the past.I'm glad I bought many rare items years ago when prices were comparatively cheap but I still am buying today when prices are comparatively expensive and I'll probably be buying in the future when prices are even more expensive. An item is worth, in my opinion, what somebody is willing to pay for it. I've seen Japanese fur lined goggles go at $800 only 6 months ago and the ones being sold today will most likely sell for 3X that amount. If you think you can buy them cheaper elsewhere don't buy them. It seems that simple.But don't insult a buyer who will pay that price.Maybe he is richer than you and the money is meaningless to him and maybe he realizes that fur lined goggles of the quality being offered don't come along everyday To paraphrase Col.Saito, be happy in your collection and let others be happy in theirs.
                  Last edited by trexco; 02-11-2007, 11:51 AM. Reason: speling errorr

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                  X