Japanese Naval Paratrooper Helmet on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAS36 View Post
    I have an idea! I could buy a reproduction WWII Japanese helmet from Stewart's Militaria and recreate that helmet! with hand painted flag and Island names, it would look nice for display
    Well...

it would take some effort... since... para helmets are a different shape....and structure...

If you want to throw away $100 bucks and your time... give it a try...

Are you the same guy that sells those Spanish Model Z helmets... and calls them German M-42's???

Just kidding... of course...
    Last edited by helmetbuyers; 01-16-2007, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Glad you at least got the helmet. That is a Very Shi**Y thing to do...

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Smith View Post
        Glad you at least got the helmet. That is a Very Shi**Y thing to do...
        Thanks Ty...

The seller would not give me the names of the other parties.... and I left him great feedback...

I am still very pleased with what I had to pay for this rare piece.

Kinda makes you wonder what else is out there waiting to be discovered???

Robert

Comment

Robert, congratulations, that is a nice helmet! Did you get any interesting information from the Seller regarding the helmet? Any provenance?
          When you go home
          Tell them for us and say
          For your tomorrow
          We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
          Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Originally posted by WalterB View Post
            Robert, congratulations, that is a nice helmet! Did you get any interesting information from the Seller regarding the helmet? Any provenance?
            Thanks for the compliments...

I asked the seller... and he said he goes door to door in older neighborhoods asking about junk/collectibles for sale?

He didn't have any other info for me... and least... didn't want to share. I assume he didn't pay much for the helmet... and doesn't want the original seller to find out... Robert

Comment

Robert ,
              I feel your pain with the inital purchase of the Helmet .
              Once the dust has settled no doubt you will be happy with the helmet in your display !

Cheers, Les

Comment

Originally posted by Les Bertossi View Post
                Robert ,
                I feel your pain with the inital purchase of the Helmet .
                Once the dust has settled no doubt you will be happy with the helmet in your display !

Cheers, Les
                Hello Les...

Thanks for the comments...

I appreciate feeling welcomed on the forum..... I usually get nasty e-mails via E-Bay from other bidders

It's nice to talk to real collectors... then those dealers that talk trash... and resell at local shows or websites.

Robert

Comment

Robert,

I have wondered who the hell you were for aloooooooooong time! I saw the pictures of some of your helmets on the about me page. For all the rest of us who do not have a money tree in the backyard, I would just like to say that I am available for adoption! You should think about becoming an association member so you can share some pics easily. I for one would love to see some close-ups.

Best regards,

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Carroll View Post
                    Robert,

I have wondered who the hell you were for aloooooooooong time! I saw the pictures of some of your helmets on the about me page. For all the rest of us who do not have a money tree in the backyard, I would just like to say that I am available for adoption! You should think about becoming an association member so you can share some pics easily. I for one would love to see some close-ups.

Best regards,

Ken
                    Thanks Ken for the compliments...

I wish I had a money tree in the back yard.... but... try to find bargains on E-Bay like all of us.

It isn't fun anymore since E-Bay began to hide bidders identities when an item reaches $200.

Comment

helmetbuyers

Welcome to the world of jealous dealers and collectors.... that really takes the cake. The guy who e-mailed the seller is probably the same know-it-all-kid that writes to any seller that has something identfied wrong.... and then doesn't even bid on the item.... get a life.

Comment

Here are the kanji for Okinawa-ken (Okinawa Prefecture)

沖 縄 県

It looks like the GI borrowed elements from these three kanji to manufacture his "Japanese". Though, the kanji on the far right looks like an attempt to write "Kuni" -- country:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&d=1168999512

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&d=1168999588

(Rats! Apparently I am not permitted to post those two images in my own response.)

--Guy Power

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
                          Here are the kanji for Okinawa-ken (Okinawa Prefecture)

沖 縄 県

It looks like the GI borrowed elements from these three kanji to manufacture his "Japanese". Though, the kanji on the far right looks like an attempt to write "Kuni" -- country:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&d=1168999512

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&d=1168999588

(Rats! Apparently I am not permitted to post those two images in my own response.)

--Guy Power
                          Hello Guy...

I appreciate the help.... Robert

Comment

Originally posted by helmetbuyers View Post
                            I appreciate the help.... Robert
                            Robert,

Glad to help when I can. I just wish I stayed current with Japanese after I left school! It's perishable -- that language -- and has a very short shelf life!

Cheers,
                            --Guy

Comment

maybe another one--Japanese Navy para helmet

Okay. I'm hesitant to even send this out there--but, I did acquire a similar helmet from a guy at a recent show. It has the same liner and straps (one is cut short and frayed) as the one that caused all the commotion on eBay, but no insignia in the slot (you can see the outline of the anchor insignia though. Shell has some rust on side. Seller said it came from an Uncle's collection. Also bought a couple of WWI helmet shells as well. Not ashamed to note I did not know what the helmet was..knew it was Japanese and had been cut like a para helmet. Thought it was a nice liner.
                              (sheesh). Two advanced collectors who saw it said it was Navy para. One experienced japanese collector says no.--it has army depot markings inside and the pad stuffing isn't consistent with Navy material used.. I will have the helmet at the SOS--and hope I can have some photos available to those who want a look sometime next week.
                              Last edited by tribefan59; 02-05-2007, 07:35 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

sounds neat...

photos would be great..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X