Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naritasan

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
    There are 4 wooden shrine omamori sewn inside along with 2 good luck coins.
    The two that I see in the image are from Naritasan -- it is a temple just outside Narita International Airport in the town of Narita, Chiba Prefecture.

http://www.naritasan.or.jp/english/

Main gate:

Great Main Hall:

Temple Grounds Map:

Comment

Interesting. I live just about 20 minutes from that place, and often visit the temple on weekends. It has a nice garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Harris View Post
        Interesting. I live just about 20 minutes from that place, and often visit the temple on weekends. It has a nice garden.
        Yes, very nice indeed. I was there twice during my five years in Japan. I fondly recall just walking around town close to the train station in the winter -- a lady was selling hot amazake in front of her shop -- that just hit the spot! I also recall a long set of steps leading up to the Inari shrine (if I'm recalling this correctly there were red torii off to one side, all the way up to the top -- almost like a tunnel). Inari = fox; so the pun was to have some o-inari sushi placed on some of the pedestals.

But I digress -- gomennasai!

--Guy Power

Comment

Andy, I'm not going to say anything !

Alex R.

Comment

Wow, this is a fabulous haul! My mouth is still hanging open in amazement! Did you get any more stuff from the brother?

Regards
            Russell

Comment

Hi Russel,

I have not had any further contact with the family. I think they are done with me. LOL. They have my contact info,and I don't want to bother them.
              I have become very interested in the pacific theater ,and started to pic up some neat stuff from other sources.

Alex R.

Comment

Wow!!

I am jealous...

Comment

Do you still have the rifles? If you do, can you tell what series they are?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X