No announcement yet.

2 WWII Japanese Samurai Swords Hand Forged Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In-signed wakizashi are not the best sellers if I were to see it at a fair I would want to pay around $650

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post
      In-signed wakizashi are not the best sellers if I were to see it at a fair I would want to pay around $650
      Thanks, I see some un-signed going for a bit more then that on e-bay but they may just be better swords, what do you think the other one is worth?

Comment

It’s probably the fittings on the swords you see going for more yours are very plain and low quality
        As long as your sword hasn’t any flaw it’s a nice blade probably mino school from the hamon mid to late 17th century
        Put it on eBay and see what happens
        Or keep it someone thought well enough of it to have a good polish
        As for the gunto I guess $800-1000 but the groves make it more desirable so perhaps more
        I don’t really collect showato

Comment

I thank everybody for the help. I now have a better understanding of what I have. Also getting a Nambu from same vets family.
          Thanks again, Cliff

Comment

The showato with the grooves is really cool, you don't see that too often, almost never. I don't know how that will translate to value but has to help it. On the wak not a great length and not signed with rough fittings but.....that habaki rocks!!
            Bob
            www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

The wakizashi is now available on eBay from the OP. Although he has a note that he’ll just cancel the sale if the hammer price isn’t satisfactory. Short swords have been tough for years, even more so with current market. Without having papers and being in fresh pro polish doubt to see much action.

Inquired about the sword with the bohi before coming across this thread. Said it wasn’t for sale, and after seeing it’s a low grade seki showato saved some time trying to figure out what it was or pursuing further.

Comment

Originally posted by reeder3 View Post
                The wakizashi is now available on eBay from the OP. Although he has a note that he’ll just cancel the sale if the hammer price isn’t satisfactory. Short swords have been tough for years, even more so with current market. Without having papers and being in fresh pro polish doubt to see much action.

Inquired about the sword with the bohi before coming across this thread. Said it wasn’t for sale, and after seeing it’s a low grade seki showato saved some time trying to figure out what it was or pursuing further.
                Can you post the link please?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X