Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gallipoli

Here are mine. All B.B. + Co.
    Jeff, weights are 28.41g (top), 27.53g (bottom left) and 28.46g (botton right).
    Attached Files

Comment

Gallipoli

the backs
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Stahlhut
        Dave,

Here is what could possibly be another type of hallmark. The badge I have is of the same construction that you have shown, but the "mark" is comprised of two vertical rows of four squares. Until you showed the mark on your version I always attributed the marks on my example to merely be an unintentional result of the badge's manufacture process...who knows? That could very well be the case, but I find it curious that the mark is in the relatively same location as your chop.
        I hate to be a kill-joy, but I have to say that I think that this piece is identical to the "palm tree" pieces, and that both this mark and the "palm tree" mark are just indentations where a tool was used to crimp the sheet metal hinge into place. I know that's not as exotic as identifying it as a rare hallmark, but that's what it seems to be. Probably German made, probably period, but I would guess private purchase.

Tim
        "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

Last edited by Rick Research; 10-23-2004, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X