Imperial Eppaulettes collection !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GdC26 View Post

Semovente, Chip is one of the most knowledgeable collectors when it comes to WWI field grey, so perhaps you would do well to listen and learn.
    And read, because a key word in Chip's comment is "still": the fact that your pieces come from an "old collection" does not mean they do not include fakes.

Why post if you don't want to learn?
    And why be rude to those who try to help (if not you, then others)?
    Yer fine & you as Chip are entitled to your opion ..as am i , and i dont agree with his opion thats all...and i say that from my own knowledge & years of experiance of collecting like your mate Chip ...so lets agree to disagree !!...

Comment

Semovente, 25 years ago I had already been collecting more than 25 years before that. You have some nice straps, but there are a handful that simply are not originals. This forum is most useful in providing information and guidance if you can adjust yourself to this expectation. Most everyone on the forum has unknowingly owned reproductions at some point and learning the differences between good and reproduction thankfully happens here.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
        Semovente, 25 years ago I had already been collecting more than 25 years before that. You have some nice straps, but there are a handful that simply are not originals. This forum is most useful in providing information and guidance if you can adjust yourself to this expectation. Most everyone on the forum has unknowingly owned reproductions at some point and learning the differences between good and reproduction thankfully happens here.
        Iam fully aware of the purpose of the forum thank you ! .. collectors i know with more years & knollegde than myself & others have over the years seen & handled the straps & not one has ever stated that any are fake infact quite the opposite !!..yes ive been caught out with the odd fake object who hasnt !?..as you say ..but iam not big headed here ..i do know my subject as much as the next guy , in fact no one knows it all no matter who he is or claims too know !..but sorry i still disagree on this one !..but it doesnt matter now as i no longer own them as a experianced Imperial collector bought the lot of me & was quite happy with them as he had been collecting straps longer than me !!...

Comment

Maybe not big headed, more likely pigheaded. I don't have the expertise in this area, so how about someone point out the fakes and lets see have the debate.

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by C. Roelens View Post
            Maybe not big headed, more likely pigheaded. I don't have the expertise in this area, so how about someone point out the fakes and lets see have the debate.

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post

I doubt Chip will be interested in pointing out the bad straps after Semovente's unfortunately now rather common "How dare you criticise my pieces" barrage, but let's see.

That said can see how this description of your collecting interests below and your question about there being some pre war straps amongst those shown might underline your expertise in the field of imperial german straps, Semovente:

"Been collecting Italian militaria for over 25 yrs ..my main subject is collecting any thing to do with the A.O.I in North Afrika desert war ..Also the Decima mas. & Italian RSI para...but collect any thing else Italian WW2 aswell !"

I guess it iwould have been just a matter of time before we might have seen these straps on estand, with a reference to this thread had not Chip called some of them out.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
              Last edited by GdC26; 08-31-2020, 12:48 AM.

Comment

I doubt Chip will be interested in pointing out the bad straps after Semovente's unfortunately now rather common "How dare you criticise my pieces" barrage, but let's see.

That said can see how this description of your collecting interests below and your question about there being some pre war straps amongst those shown might underline your expertise in the field of imperial german straps, Semovente:

"Been collecting Italian militaria for over 25 yrs ..my main subject is collecting any thing to do with the A.O.I in North Afrika desert war ..Also the Decima mas. & Italian RSI para...but collect any thing else Italian WW2 aswell !"

I guess it iwould have been just a matter of time before we might have seen these straps on estand, with a reference to this thread had not Chip called some of them out.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
                Right then Mr ...for your info (thats if its any of your concern ??) , thats were you to are also barkin up the wrong tree , but not just one tree in fact a whole Orchard of trees Pal...yes the above is correct ...but cleaver dick i have'nt just collected WW2 Italian kit ..ive done German militaria from both Wars , including British Home front inparticular Home Guard ..with published items from my collection in a book on the subject !..also ive collected British Army kit from WW2 & some military vehicals , so get your facts right first Inspector Clouseau before you go throwin mud at people without a clue about who or what they are !...that common enough for you !?

Comment

Originally posted by Semovente View Post

Right then Mr ...for your info (thats if its any of your concern ??) , thats were you to are also barkin up the wrong tree , but not just one tree in fact a whole Orchard of trees Pal...yes the above is correct ...but cleaver dick i have'nt just collected WW2 Italian kit ..ive done German militaria from both Wars , including British Home front inparticular Home Guard ..with published items from my collection in a book on the subject !..also ive collected British Army kit from WW2 & some military vehicals , so get your facts right first Inspector Clouseau before you go throwin mud at people without a clue about who or what they are !...that common enough for you !?
                  It is common allright .... and makes me fear the worst for your command of the English language and the quality of your collection.
                  But if you're happy with the latter, be happy with the latter - just don't post items you know little if anything about here, and then expect others to applaud in awe or shut up.

In the meantime, I'll ponder a bit if "cleaver dick" is an expression that a Moderator may be able to explain to me, or whether it is mere evidence of your fingers being as thick as your skull, and you meant to type "clever dick", which I'll then take as an expression of admiration of my ability to actually read and research by someone with a limited vocabulary.

If you're so keenly interested in people's past as you say you are, you might have made the effort of checking Chip's contributions here, or Pauke's, or mine, before dismissing them. But clearly you are not ready to extend others the same courtesy you expect for yourself. Had you done so, however, you would have seen that Chip and Pauke know their stuff (I'll leave it to othetrs to judge my contributions in my collecting fields).

Btw, I'm distinctly not your "Pal": but it seems that at least, you already noticed that much.
                  Last edited by GdC26; 08-31-2020, 11:25 AM.

Comment

It is common allright .... and makes me fear the worst for your command of the English language and the quality of your collection.
                    But if you're happy with the latter, be happy with the latter - just don't post items you know little if anything about here, and then expect others to applaud in awe or shut up.

In the meantime, I'll ponder a bit if "cleaver dick" is an expression that a Moderator may be able to explain to me, or whether it is mere evidence of your fingers being as thick as your skull, and you meant to type "clever dick", which I'll then take as an expression of admiration of my ability to actually read and research by someone with a limited vocabulary.

If you're so keenly interested in people's past as you say you are, you might have made the effort of checking Chip's contributions here, or Pauke's, or mine, before dismissing them. But clearly you are not ready to extend others the same courtesy you expect for yourself. Had you done so, however, you would have seen that Chip and Pauke know their stuff (I'll leave it to othetrs to judge my contributions in my collecting fields).

Btw, I'm distinctly not your "Pal": but it seems that at least, you already noticed that much.
                    ...ditto !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X