No announcement yet.

Leather Strap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it could be any nation's strap? I am glad I got my WWII straps really cheap. So cheap I have my own doubts now.

Clearly ink stamps do not cut it. As seen they have to be stamped into the leather.

W.,

Comment

Gents,
      There,s nothing wrong with the strap. It started being a fake when someone recently stamped it 1915 Yuk!!
      IMO the problem is it was such a good idea various countries started making them. probably still do. The black set is an example of the type of strap passed off as German WW2 in fact there West German circa 1950,s Here are some of my WW1 straps. All are contract maker stamped and dated 14-18. Most have Reg or BA marks. I do have a rare 1913 dated INK stamped one but thats an exception. The point I would make if it is,nt maker stamped and dated, it is,nt WW1.
      The Funky ink marked 'thing' doesnt even rate a comment. It was meant to deceive, and take some collectors cash period.

Eric
      Well said Eric! Also look at the stitching of the original straps Eric posted... Completely different I would say...

Adler 1

Comment

So where is that bad inked strap from?

W.

Comment

Ink stamps are not of necessity a sign of a reproduction. I have a pair of 1890's dated and unit marked Kochgeschirriemen. Black leather and made during a time when manufacturer's marks were much less common.

However, I agree that during the WWI era, ink markings are scarcely seen.

Chip

Comment

Chip,
            Here,s an example JR148 marked followed by I think 3 MG but cant say for sure.
            Love to see your incredible early straps.

Eric
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X