Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avensis2000 View Post
    For comparison pic here:

In my opinion clear Gemsenkopf. The number looks distantly to be "4", which in my (non-confimed) opinion means 14 or 13 carats. If it's 3, then it's 18 carats.

Of course if would help if you can get a more clear shot of the hallmark.

Thank you. Much appreciated. These were the best pictures I was able to make with my camera. In the loupe it looks more like a 3.

Comment

Hello,

after a long absence, here I am again.

I can say that the piece proposed in this discussion is a fine, I Class badge of the Iron Crown in gold, with its correct, large suspension ring.

I Class badges with a smaller (and thicker) ring, are those to be suspended to the order's collar.

The lozenge-shaped mark of Rothe suggests that the piece was made in the last decade of 19th or the very early 20th Century.

All the best,

Enzo

Comment

Originally posted by Elmar Lang View Post
        Hello,

after a long absence, here I am again.

I can say that the piece proposed in this discussion is a fine, I Class badge of the Iron Crown in gold, with its correct, large suspension ring.

I Class badges with a smaller (and thicker) ring, are those to be suspended to the order's collar.

The lozenge-shaped mark of Rothe suggests that the piece was made in the last decade of 19th or the very early 20th Century.

All the best,

Enzo
        Thanks for chiming in, Enzo.

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X