4 medal bars for review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Powell View Post
    I think that with the rules changing in 1934/35 for the mounting of two LS medals for those soldiers on active duty many Veterans mounted two LS medals on thier bars when they were updated with the FEK.This is a Prussian Bar from my collection that has two Imperial LS medals
    Scott, I think you have a point. I was looking at it too much from a WWI perspective. WWI Bars with a Hindy were of course (re)constructed in the TR-period when Wehrmacht LS-awards were worn in pairs if the recipient had qualified for higher classes. This practise was probably extended IN THE TR-PERIOD to WWI service awards as that added one more medal to a bar - and more medals on a bar was of course considered more prestigeous. That said period WWI bars (so with only WWI-period medals) should per regulation have only one army LS award even though the recipient had qualified for higher grades.

As BAR3 is a TR-period made bar it could therefore have had two Bav LS-awards - probably 2nd and 3rd class. In its current form I would value it a 100 euro unless it has a much sought after EK2 on it.
    Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 01-23-2017, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
      Scott, I think you have a point. I was looking at it too much from a WWI perspective. WWI Bars with a Hindy were of course (re)constructed in the TR-period when Wehrmacht LS-awards were worn in pairs if the recipient had qualified for higher classes. This practise was probably extended IN THE TR-PERIOD to WWI service awards as that added one more medal to a bar - and more medals on a bar was of course considered more prestigeous. That said period WWI bars (so with only WWI-period medals) should per regulation have only one army LS award even though the recipient had qualified for higher grades.

As BAR3 is a TR-period made bar it could therefore have had two Bav LS-awards - probably 2nd and 3rd class. In its current form I would value it a 100 euro unless it has a much sought after EK2 on it.
      We are in total agreement.

Comment

Bar 2 is messed with as well. The medal in the middle should be Kriegsehrenzeichen in Bronze, instead of 15 LS cross.

Comment

Originally posted by Miro O View Post
          Bar 2 is messed with as well. The medal in the middle should be Kriegsehrenzeichen in Bronze, instead of 15 LS cross.
          I disagree. The ribbon on the bar is correct for LS cross. See Nimmergut Baenderkatalog nr 219 (LS ribbon) vs nr 223 (Kriegsehrenzeichen). IMO BAR2 and BAR1 unlike BAR3 and BAR4 are in their original configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
            I disagree. The ribbon on the bar is correct for LS cross. See Nimmergut Baenderkatalog nr 219 (LS ribbon) vs nr 223 (Kriegsehrenzeichen). IMO BAR2 and BAR1 unlike BAR3 and BAR4 are in their original configuration.
            Yes, but then the bravery medal should be not before the long service cross?

greetings
            Tomasz

Comment

Originally posted by tompress View Post
              Yes, but then the bravery medal should be not before the long service cross?

greetings
              Tomasz
              Tomasz, I have assumed so far that this is a frack bar and as such the order is correct. Cheers, W

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X