Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 medal bars for review.

Hi guys,

would love to hear some opinions about following medal bars and an estimate value.
    I'm not familiar with some of the medals on these bars.

Thanks in advance!

NS

BAR 1
    Attached Files

Bar 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Bar 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Bar 4
        Attached Files

Comment

BAR 1 150 euro unless there is a rare EK2 on it.
          BAR 2 about 100 euro unless there is a rare EK2 on it.

I am unfamiliar with the last two medals on BAR3 and unfamiliar with the first on BAR4 - so I cannot value these.
          Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 01-22-2017, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I suppose, that both last medals in bar # 3 and the first decoration in bar # 4 were replaced.

In bar # 3 should be possibly long service medals of Bavaria. And in bar # 4 RAO or KO with swords?

greetings
            Tomasz

Comment

Originally posted by tompress View Post
              Hi,

I suppose, that both last medals in bar # 3 and the first decoration in bar # 4 were replaced.

In bar # 3 should be possibly long service medals of Bavaria. And in bar # 4 RAO or KO with swords?

greetings
              Tomasz
              Was also thinking bav ls medals but two seems one too many.

Bar4 yes possible.

With that in mind BAR4 125 euro.

Comment

The last medal on bar 4 is wrong. The ribbon is for the Southwest Africa medal. The first medal is a free mason medal. I don't think it belongs there. I think that the EK should go first and possibly a Prussian Merit medal should be on the 2nd EK ribbon.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                  The last medal on bar 4 is wrong. The ribbon is for the Southwest Africa medal.
                  Indeed. The last two medals should also be in reversed order I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
                    Was also thinking bav ls medals but two seems one too many.
                    /.../
                    May one of army and one of Landwehr? Ribbon is the same

greetings
                    Tomasz

Comment

May one of army and one of Landwehr? Ribbon is the same

greetings
                      Tomasz
                      Was that allowed? I assumed that active personell wore their army LS award if they had it and that after active service if/when they rotated into the Landwehr they would then wear a Landwehr LS medal (which incorporated their active service years). This is however nothing more than an assumption and we all know that assumptions are the mother of all ... What are your thoughts on this? Do you have any pics of both army and Landwehr LS medals in wear on the same medal bar?

Comment

/.../ Do you have any pics of both army and Landwehr LS medals in wear on the same medal bar?
                        I am really not sure, if both type of long service medals could apear on same bar. It was only an assumption - and I didn't find an appropriate picture at the moment.

But I have found a photo with two regular Dienstauszeichnungen on same medal bar (see below)

The only question here is the sequence: why the medal for 12 years hangs before the cross for 15 years?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am really not sure, if both type of long service medals could apear on same bar. It was only an assumption - and I didn't find an appropriate picture at the moment.

But I have found a photo with two regular Dienstauszeichnungen on same medal bar (see below)

The only question here is the sequence: why the medal for 12 years hangs before the cross for 15 years?
                          No way is that according to regulation only one was worn - as soon as a higher class was reached the lower class had to be removed.

Comment

Nothing new, indeed. There are very few incorrect or "processed" medal bars on the collectors market... Any other idea fro two Dienstauszeichnung ribbons in one bar?

greetings
                            Tomasz
                            Last edited by tompress; 01-22-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

No way is that according to regulation only one was worn - as soon as a higher class was reached the lower class had to be removed.
                              I think that with the rules changing in 1934/35 for the mounting of two LS medals for those soldiers on active duty many Veterans mounted two LS medals on thier bars when they were updated with the FEK.This is a Prussian Bar from my collection that has two Imperial LS medals

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X