Something you never see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Glenn, nice pics! Congratulaitons!

2nd one has a typical "multinational" ribbon bar. I LIKE it!

BTW, I have only 4 Württemberg crown order bars, so only around 2 %, the other 98 % are still somewhere; BUT I WILL GET ALL!!!!

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Hi Daniel,

Oberst Bauer had also quite a postwar career including service as a military advisor in Spain, Argentina and China.

Here is a photograph of the 1st Army Staff in the late summer of 1916. Army commander General der Infanterie Fritz von Below his flanked by his two principal general staff officers:

Oberst Fritz von Lossberg - chief of staff
      Oberstleutnant Konrad von Redern - Quartermaster

Both are wearing the M1907 field grey tunic with swedish cuffs. The staff officer to von Lossberg's left is wearing the M1915 pattern "Bluse".

Glenn

Comment

Here is a prewar photograph of the staff of either the third army corps with the corps commander, General der Infanterie Karl von Bülow pictured with a map in his left hand. The field officer third to von Bülow's left is clearly identified as a general staff officer with his adjutants' sash and square cut peak to his pickelhaube.

It should be noted that the corps chief of staff did not wear an adjutants' sash but just the normal officers' field belt.

The artillery officer to von Bülow's right wearing an adjutants' sash is not a general staff officer and probably the corps adjutant.

Glenn

Comment

Wonderful!!!!

I new I would wake up to find staff officers looking back at me on this forum.
          Thanks Glenn.

Comment

I'll start a new thread because this one is already taking too long to download

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn2438
              Hi Daniel,

Oberst Bauer had also quite a postwar career including service as a military advisor in Spain, Argentina and China.

Here is a photograph of the 1st Army Staff in the late summer of 1916. Army commander General der Infanterie Fritz von Below his flanked by his two principal general staff officers:

Oberst Fritz von Lossberg - chief of staff
              Oberstleutnant Konrad von Redern - Quartermaster

Both are wearing the M1907 field grey tunic with swedish cuffs. The staff officer to von Lossberg's left is wearing the M1915 pattern "Bluse".

Glenn

Is it just me, or does the guy on the far left (in the middle) look like he's sporting a Mohawk?

--Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X