Something you never see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something you never see

I never see photos of GENERAL STAFF officers. Been looking for some in field grey uniform and got to thinking. Not sure if I have ever seen a Staff Officer in pre war uniform either.

Surely someone can post a few. I have seen tunics and uniform items but never period photos of staff members wearing their uniform.

Staff major's tunic.

Comment

Hi charles,

nice tunic! Congratulations!

I can offer You some pics of ribbon bars from Staffers, but unfortunately no pics from that uniforms in wear.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Hi,

Thanks. I would love to see Staff officer ribbon bars. As a matter of fact, I need a fairly long bar for a major's tunic for a staff officer model 1910.

Comment

Hi Charles,

I posted this bar long ago. Rick Lundström and me, we assume this was probably a General staff Officers bar:

Best regards

Daniel
          Attached Files

Comment

first bar shows "only" his war decorations from WW1. Here is the complete one, included his peacetime awards:
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like he used this bar to close his jacket
              From one shoulder to the other...
              A GREAT ribbon-bar Daniel!

Comment

Hi Jens,

yeah, this was nearly the limit.

Here is the next one from a friends collection; note the nearly similar combination.

Best regards

Daniel
                Attached Files

Comment

What is the ribbon between the Oldenb. FA-Kreuz and the Lippe cross?

Gruß

Comment

Hessian General Decoration "for Bravery" medal-- that pale blue always seesm to bleach out almost white.

Comment

What is the red/black ribbon with gold swords?

Comment

That is the Knight's Cross with Swords of the Württemberg Order of the Crown-- awarded all of 182 times in WW1-- but Daniel is involved in a Sinister Conspiracy to buy them ALL up, so no poor, hard working Murcan collectors can ever have even ONE!!

Comment

UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should be the one who owns those bars. The only way to make this fair is to send one to me to put on my tunic. I think this man's tunic I have may have been the guy who had one of those!!

Comment

General Staff Officers

Charles,

here is a portrait of the then general staff Major Alfred von Vollard-Bockelberg (1874-1945) wearing a similar "Kleiner Rock" to the one in your possession. Von Vollard went on to win the "Pour le Mérite" on the 4th of November 1917 as a department head with the chief of staff of the field army and became a General der Artillerie.

Regards
                            Glenn

Comment

Here is PLM Oakleaves winner general staff Oberst Max Bauer (1869-1928) wearing an M15 "bluse" with the general staff pattern "Kolbenstickerei" patches introduced for service wear in 1915.

Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X