No announcement yet.

Generaloberst von Boroevic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some items related to Svetozar Borojević from my collection.

First is a telegram which informs him personally that the Town of Osijek has honored him with the status of Honourable Citizen.

Second are two bronze plaques, one smaller in original box and bigger without box.

He was probably the best military leader which KuK Monarchy had in WW1 and probably the best soldier my homeland Croatia ever had.
    Attached Files

Comment

One more quick note....the pin with the MG08 is German. Detmold was the capital of Lippe until 1918.

Chip

Comment

Chip,

Thank you!

Will move that one from this group!

Best regards,
        RonR

Comment

Some really nice items shown in this thread. In all of my travels in the Czech Republic, there were a lot of Austro-Hungarian items around, but I only bought original photos as I didn't know enough about the other items to know what was real or reproduction. Now I regret some of the cap badges I passed up, but I was always told they were almost as heavily faked as the Third Reich stuff and I had no good references, so such is life.
          Dale

Comment

Hi Dale!

Without knowledge You made a good decision when You passed on the cap-badges!

Best, Peter

Comment

Here's my small Austrian insignia collection.

Chip

Comment

New item just came.

A medal with Boroevic, quite rare piece. 50mm diameter, zinc.

I am in the Boroevic-memorabilia spree somehow after I found telegram sent to him personally, as he is one of the best, if not the best military leaded from the territory of Croatia ever.
                Attached Files

Comment

Love these, are they copied at all ?, they come up on ebay a lot

Comment

Love these, are they copied at all ?, they come up on ebay a lot

Comment

In fact they are not that common.

I never saw a fake. Only things that are usually copied are kappenabzeichen (cap badges) and awards.

Comment

Hi Ron, You are one of the few people that keeps amazing me with all the wonderful items you have accumulated over the years - such a broad array of interesting/quality items. I am sure you do not remember but I enjoyed meeting you at the SOS a couple of years ago. Have a great weekend! Cheers, W

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
                          I am sure you do not remember but I enjoyed meeting you at the SOS a couple of years ago. Have a great weekend! Cheers, W

Many thanks for those very kind words!

Hope to see you again this year!

Best regards,
                          RonR

Comment

new piece in my Boroevic sub-collection:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X