BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meybauer Commemorative Flyer badge (pictures now!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
    (...) "Carsten also commented that Meybauer badges may in fact be some sort of cast type in some cases and he has noticed this more than once on perfectly good Imperial pilot and aircrew badges by them. I have to say that I too agree with Carsten on this point and this has also been my observation."
    Hi Chris - thanks for the link!
    These are strange theories I´ve never heard of before (what really doesn´t mean much with my limited background compared to Carsten Baldes...). In all the literature, forums and dealerpages I´ve been reading so far the imperial flight badges were always described as stamped or struck (like coins).

The casting process ("lost wax") would have been a totally different way of manufacturing and if it has been established in a firm like Meybauer there should be a lot more of them around!

I´d rather go with the "splattered-solder-pips"-theory to relax my tension

And - by the way - I think that even just a hint into the "possibly-original-cast-badges-by Meybauer"- direction (without any more footage as a proof) is very dangerous, especially if it comes from someone with Carsten´s reputation: All the fakers and copiers and their sale-organisations will pick up this argumentation greedily to get rid of their cast-junk...

Just my 2 cents

Hagrid

Comment

Here's another:
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=commemorative
      Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
      Decorations of Germany

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X