No announcement yet.

1870 Cross Stunner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is mine, still searching for the case.
    Prices are going upwards in Germany, for all rare prussian decorations. Two weeks ago such a cross was sold on the Zeige-auction for 1600,- +20% fees + tax. The cross was ok, but with replaced ring and missing ribbon.
    Regards CSForrester
    Attached Files

Comment

obverse.........
      Attached Files

Comment

What an amazing decoration! I do not recall seeing this before

Comment

Hello CSForrester,

Thank you for those two incredible photos in posts #31 and #32 which so much better illustrate the point that I was trying to make in post #30. May I ask what kind of camera did you use to get these pictures?

Thank you,

Wild Card

Comment

Nice one, Marc, so this is why you were fund-raising. This decoration is also high on my want list.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, my camera is a 3 or 4 year old Olympus C-4000 Z.
              But i think it is not the camera ........... these pics were made from a distance of nearly one meter, daylight, no flash, no zoom (50mm focus). Then you can pic out the object if you like the picture, it is much easier then using Makro-Objectives or something special. I only wanted to show the shining black enamel. This is one of the complete pictures.
              Regards
              CSForrester
              Attached Files

Comment

But any pictures of these lovely 1870-womens decorations are lovely !
                Attached Files

Comment

AWESOME collection of women's jewels!

Comment

CSForrester,

Many thanks for the information. I also use an Olympus, an E-10. It’s a real bear, an old workhorse and probably the only one still in use, anywhere. I also have an Olympus E-500 and a SP-550UZ which I use for “everyday” shooting. I used to be a Nikon man; but obviously I prefer Olympus when it comes to digitals.

You have, however, correctly pointed out the real keys to success - lighting and composition. Your method of shooting from a greater distance is very interesting and an inspiration for experimentation.

Gentlemen,

My apologies for going a bit off topic here; but short of starting a new thread on photographic techniques, I thought that this brief discussion might be helpful to some.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Comment

Yes, here you see the award document for Fraeulein Anna Dahms, Berlin, Kurze Strasse 2, i have also the document for her mother, Antonia Dahms, but this will become a complete new story in the future. Prussian awards to a family, starting in 1814 and ending after WW1.

Regards
                      CSForrester
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
                        Yea, But I am glad you did
                        ...too bad the watermark ruins the photo...

Comment

Great pieces guys~!

I had one once that I found at a flea market. Funny it sat there all day as no one knew what it was. I was finally talked out of it by a good friend that has a porcellin tea set with the likeness of the medal on it. Great piece with intersting history behind it.
                          http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
                            ...too bad the watermark ruins the photo...
                            I have others--
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by gregM; 03-29-2008, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
                              I have others--
                              You have a wonderful collection and I figured you did. Thanks Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X