oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New close-ups of the Godet 1914 GC from Norway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But this answer I received from a well know German dealer last month:

"Thank you for message.
    At this moment we have only some small informations about the GC`s 1914.
    In my opinion your cross is a replacement, not awarded one. It looks like Godet style.
    The difference between 2 or 4 oaks i can not really explane. For sure they are crafted from different companys".

Comment

Of coarse it's not one of the five (5) awarded.

Comment

Originally posted by DeMil View Post
        But this answer I received from a well know German dealer last month:

"Thank you for message.
        At this moment we have only some small informations about the GC`s 1914.
        In my opinion your cross is a replacement, not awarded one. It looks like Godet style.
        The difference between 2 or 4 oaks i can not really explane. For sure they are crafted from different companys".
        These are the non-committal words of someone who feels they need to answer authoritively but in reality doesn't have a clue and should simply be saying "I'm sorry, I just do not know".

I mean seriously - what does that feedback actually tell you? That this is not one of the awarded GC's. No $hit.

When i first started collecting i used to do the same thing - send off emails to well known dealers and relatively high profile collectors asking for their experienced opinion on a particular high end item and i remember being constantly dissapointed by their "feedback", realising that in reality, i probably new more about the item i had bought through simple research and minute photographic analysis than they did.

So I'll go out on a limb and state that in my opinion, this is a very desirable Godet made GC, with features - particularly the crown - that match distinctly the type exhibited in the 1915 catalogue and is as close as anyone in this community will come to owning the real thing.

DeMil, if you ever decide to part with this, I will take it off you in a heartbeat.

Comment

Here's what an award reverse should look like. Four acirns and other subtle details.

Tony
          Attached Files
          An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Here's another 4 acorn reverse. Not an award type.

Tony
            Attached Files
            An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X