Ek ii - 800 or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dan,

Welcome back to the forum. Nice to hear your surgery went well and that you're back on your feet

Originally posted by dkelley View Post
    Now we know the cross was made post Great War because it measures 44x44mm, it can be ruled out the cross was not made before the LDO system was decreed.
    The above statement is not quite correct as EKs were made in so-called "LDO dimensions" of 44mm square as early as the 1890s and certainly throughout WWI. They are less common, it's true. But size alone is no indicator of period of manufacture.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I have another 1914 cross which was described here as "AWS / Juncker third core"... it is 44.13mm, so even bigger than this one.
      Thanks again for the help.
      C

Comment

As requested, another frame marked EK2.

I agree with the probable interwar dating (I'd be 20s) for the cross in question and I lean towards an 800 stamp, but I would not put money on it. Having it in hand and being able to view at different angles would be the way to go in this case.

A nice honest cross, whatever the mark.

Regards
        Mike
        Attached Files
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

about the silver content ...

on thing up front.

a jeweller marking the frame of a ek 2 could go 6 months to prison or a fine of 1000 RM if caught doing so . (official 1884 rules)

especially if a moon and crown is involved a jeweller is in fore big trouble

regards kay.
          Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 07-21-2013, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Couple of posts below this one... anyone else think they are similar?
            C

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=682414

Comment

Colin, you may very well be right
              Both cross's for comparison
              Attached Files

Comment

Those two are identical IMO.

Here is my frame marked ek2:

Comment

silver marking laws germany 1884/1888/1929

for those who cant read German so well a short oversight of the most important laws

the German law was developed 1884 , and issued 1888 unchanged 1929.

the law separated two different types of gold and silver products .

1 the (silver / gold) geräte ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tool like products
                  2 the (silver / gold ) Schmucksachen,,,,,,,,,,, jewellery

1 the (silver / gold) geräte ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, tool like products
                  had to be marked full with : half moon : crown : silver content : maker mark

2 the (silver / gold ) Schmucksachen,,,,,,,,,,, jewellery
                  had to be marked only with the silver content mark,, and not with the markings of geräte ( number 1 )

explained also is the meaning and difference of Geräte and Schmucksachen .

Geräte are,:
                  silver clock housings , forks , knives ,plates ,lamps church tools , show peace's and such

Schmucksachen are ,:
                  small petite products called under the name bijouterien .

hope it helps
                  regards kay
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 07-21-2013, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the help and info supplied, much appreciated.
                      Here is the MM of the other cross... anyone feel they know what it is?
                      Cheers again.
                      C

Comment

Thanks for posting the frame marked crosses.
                        I learned something new today

Comment

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome back. Colin, I appreciate the PIC on the ring. I put it through all the paces and I couldn't bring out a 3 dimensional image from a 2 dimensional PIC. There are just too many shadows. It like mapping out a crater on the other side of the moon!

Very interesting indeed.

Dan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X