What's the scoop on these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the scoop on these?

Bracelet's of this type have been popping up on e-bay about once every couple of weeks. Also have seen examples of a brooch pin with a potion of a driving band similiar to a driving band on the below example with a Iron Cross attached. These appear to be in too good of a condition to be real.

Here is another one

Comment

Hi there are a lot of these kinds of patriotic jewlery. The most amazing thing I have found today is a series of advertisements for German war time jewlery in an American pro-German wartime newspaper. So this kind of thing was made in both Germany and this western continent. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by joerookery
        Hi there are a lot of these kinds of patriotic jewlery. The most amazing thing I have found today is a series of advertisements for German war time jewlery in an American pro-German wartime newspaper. So this kind of thing was made in both Germany and this western continent. Hope this helps.
        Any chance of a scan of the advert?

These were items made to fund the war effort/economy. Rewards for donations, if you will.

Comment

Hi,

There are different companies but this is representative.
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome

Thank you, Joe!

Comment

This is what I like about this Forum

Yup!

Comment

Man what are the chances of that kind of match? We should pick lotto ticket numbers.

Comment

Uptown seite, Baby!

OK, now who's got one made of platinum?

Joe, I plan on using a combo of the street address and your member number......

Comment

Unbelievable!
                    George

Comment

Wow, what are the chances - very nice piece of jewelry!

Comment

Unglaublich!
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

bracelets

i got one of these the other day,and it is almost identical to yours. yes, they look to good to be true also,i guess i could say: i smell a rat. hope i,m wrong
                          Originally posted by coastie
                          Bracelet's of this type have been popping up on e-bay about once every couple of weeks. Also have seen examples of a brooch pin with a potion of a driving band similiar to a driving band on the below example with a Iron Cross attached. These appear to be in too good of a condition to be real.

Comment

Maybe our daring hero of the trenches would buy this for his Sweetheart and she would say "Oh Fritz how nice" and then would go into the bottom of the Jewerly box? Or Fritz got killed and it would still end up in the bottom of the box because of the bad memories. Another thing would the the pokey things on the inside might be a bit irritating to wear.

Comment

Originally posted by coastie
                              Another thing would the the pokey things on the inside might be a bit irritating to wear.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X