Ebay.de paypal issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
    German buyers are only comfortable dealing with other Europeans.
    Maybe a little less arrogance and a little more of a world-view is in order. Europe isn't the centre of the universe anymore. Asia is.

Hi,

You will find many Americans on the for sale section here who ONLY sell to America. Why? They believe that if anyone stiffs them they somehow have better recourse to the law.

You will find many collectors who wont ship to asia at all. No Offense to Asians, but for many collectors it seems as safe as shipping to Nigeria.

Go back through old threads here on the forum, there are a number which deal with members having problems with trasactions with Asia.

For a number of collectors, Seller in Hanoi, being asked to circumvent the standard, trusted paying process, .... its about as suspicious as getting a letter from a Nigerian Politician with 25 000 000 USD to bring to Europe.

By the way, French Ebay has different rules to German ebay as well, your solution may be to stick just US ebay.

By the way... did you complain to French Macdonalds because the US Macdonalds does not serve beer?

Comment

P.S. dont take it personally, yousimply live in a zone where a lot of Internet Fraud exists.

When it comes to ebay, as soon as I have won I go to "pay now" and go through the paying process, as it is the agreed method on the auction. The seller has agreed to this when they put their auction up.

I seldom read the email spam that comes over my ebay account.

Best
      Chris

Comment

I never had any problems.

Comment

Chris

I've had absolutely no problem getting items shipped to Asia.

For German sellers who only ship to Germany, I have a postal address in Germany, which forwards consolidated packages to me in Thailand when I have enough items to fill a box. I also have a postal address in California and my sister's address in Canada for US sellers who only ship within the US and Canada.

Up until this month, I've also had no problems selling, getting paid and shipping items all over the world: including selling on eBay Germany.

They just changed their policy after the New Year and have heightened security. Perhaps there's a good reason for this. But, for me, at least it's made it impossible to sell there.

So, I will stick with eBay US, UK, Singapore and Australia and just write up my item descriptions in English and German, when selling to attract the more adventuresome Germans willing to go global.

But, I will continue to shop on eBay Germany. I have all kinds of positive feedback in German on my profile which is still at 100%. So, I haven't had anyone anywhere hesitant to deal with me because of that.

Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X