• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another
    Attached Files

Comment

Another...

I gave a couple more but none for non regular army types.

Odd rosettes to me. You really opened my eyes on the engineer tunic.
      Attached Files

Comment

This tunics all have the regulation stars for military ranks and the correct zig-zag braid. The Feldmarschalleutnant jacket seem to be made from a light blue cloth so it could be an early pice.
        The Oberstleutnant is an infantry regiment tunic. The identification of some of the regimental colours can be tricky even on waffenrocks sometimes ... on combat uniforms almost impossible.
        The husar tunic is a bit odd ... looks like an oficers quality jacket with odd "schnuren" and regular ranks olives (buttons). If its an officers jacket the star is wrong since it is made from silk (at least it looks like that on photos). Silk star would be gerfaiter in this case.

The AH militaria is very interesting to collect but you have to be very careful. Things are beeing faked and things that are not ww1 are beeing sold (a lot of times unknowingly) as ww1 vintage.
        Try to get this book
        http://www.militaria.at/Book.aspx?bo...12&Language=en
        it is not a complete reference but it is still the best so far and includes many great photos of originals. It can not replace expiriance but its a good start and a good overview of the army uniforms. Its a bit expensive but its worth the money.

Comment

Thank you Flik

Comment

I found a photo of the exact star in the tunic. What is this man's branch, transport? Shouldn't he be wearing a star instead of rosette?

Or, is this as some have described as a stylish star. I don't know. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325218309.056545.jpg

Comment

This is post war first republic uniform (late 30s probably) . I am not an expert on this period but I think gendarmerie.

Comment

Charles,

I think that flik is correct, this is a policeman. And thus, he is wearing the rosette, not the stars. Further proof, I think, that your tunic is from some sort of Beamte.

Chip

Comment

Ok, what about these two men? They are apparently wearing the same style rosette as the tunic posted. Are these Beamte troops? I don't tell...
                  Attached Files

Comment

This fellow has thick stars. Almost like he has a thick center and very little point.

Are these the same beamte rosettes? I cant tell his branch but he have higher level awards like a combattant.
                    Attached Files

Comment

and this clearly shows how a star should look on thie generaloberst tab
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
                        Charles,

I think that flik is correct, this is a policeman. And thus, he is wearing the rosette, not the stars. Further proof, I think, that your tunic is from some sort of Beamte.

Chip
                        Thanks Chip.

Comment

Jaeger Captain, thick but not certain these are similar.

Its just odd to me that there's a star and a rosette then theres this combination type star-rosette that surely means something. Maybe these were sued by certain types of beamte or troops as it's NOT a standard rosette but most definitely NOT a star.
                          Attached Files

Comment

This is a real learning experience for me. I know this isn't a regular army rank star. Thanks to this tunic and help from you guys I've found a lot of information I hadn't looked for in the past. In the past all I had seen or bought were regular army items.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ccj; 12-30-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Hard to tell from these photos ... the stars can be very bulky in aperance but still the same type as the ones on the generaloberst picture you posted. Anyway, with those decorations the third guy is a Huptmann for shure, the guy on the first picture probably to (looking at MVK, sword and what looks like an army portepee). As said before, the AH uniforms can be tricky sometimes. With waffenrocks there is no problem most of the time, even in BW photos. The problem comes with combat uniforms. One way is also to look at the hat insignia. Beamte have a cocarde with a duble headed eagle in center (instead of FJI or K of regular army officers).

As far as I know only two typs of rank insignia exist and those are stars and rossetes. Every thing else are variations. All the regular army tunics I had ever seen had stars (with the circular ornamets - os on the generaloberst colar tab).
                              BTW this not beeing engineur doesnt distract from the fact that its a nice combat tunic (and nice pike grey (or feldgrau) tunics are not that common one might think, especialy original ones ... but that is another story).

Comment

Flik,

Your correct. I just hate the unknown. Why would a Beamte have a combat tunic? Someone if the service this man serviced would not be in the field would he? I guess it's possible these types wore pike grey uniforms for service dress but I wouldn't think they would be in the field.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X