Genuine 'Dachbodenfund'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuine 'Dachbodenfund'

Usually when I see this term come up on ebay, I run the other way. Not this time. This little group of items I find quite intriguing, so here they are. For starters, the man's feldspange.
    Attached Files

Next, his Hindy and a couple of pieces of ribbon.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here are his Iron Crosses. If someone could shed light on the maker of the EK1, that would be great. It is unmarked and vaulted, and came cased (currently under repair).
      Attached Files

Comment

Next up is his DRK insignia, which I'm assuming is for a doctor? I'm out of my element on these
        Attached Files

Comment

More of his Red Cross stuff. Anyone ever seen a Schnalle like this one before?
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more of his ribbon devices.
            Attached Files

Comment

Next up is a patriotic card issued by the DRK to wounded comrades at Christmas, complete with an Iron Cross cut from a leaf and some French foliage
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a little souvenir booklet, with pictures of towns 'destroyed by the French'
                Attached Files

Comment

And finally, a couple of souvenirs he brought back, a Scottish regimental cap badge and a nasty piece of shrapnel. I'm currently trying to get a Red Cross award which the seller has and obviously goes with the group. Your comments are appreciated on this little 'Dach-Baden-fund' (sorry for the pun).
                  Attached Files

Comment

Vince,

The collar tabs are WWII vintage.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
                      Here are his Iron Crosses. If someone could shed light on the maker of the EK1, that would be great. It is unmarked and vaulted, and came cased (currently under repair).
                      Think the core with the "slim looking Crown" is found in WS marked crosses.

Comment

Nice group, and such a bar gain. You're lucky I missed auction's end.

Last ribbon on the ribbon bar: Is that the Weimar era/Third Reich red cross award?

Did it come with a name? One could check, but would hardly (actually: not) identify him from what's there.

The red cross bar is from Hassia - not to common!
                        sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments. Sascha, I thought you might like this group. There is a name in the booklet, looks like Herrmann, but no last nameHopefully I will be able to get the DRK decoration and some feldpost that goes with this group.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince
                            If someone could shed light on the maker of the EK1, that would be great.
                            Hi Vince,

Nice little group! I don't know the maker of the EK1, but I wonder if it could be related to this maker? Hardware is similar.

Sascha,

I don't know if this was supposed to be a pun, but if so it's a very good one
                            Originally posted by saschaw View Post
                            Nice group, and such a bar gain.
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

No pun inteded...

"Herrmann" might be a last name? Or is it obviously his first name from what's written there. That won't be enough, with about 7,000 Zähringers (BZ3bX) in WW1...
                              sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X