No announcement yet.

Who Buys this Crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muuuuaaahhh Carsten Staegmeir ... one of the well known german fakers together with Ralf Haas

If you can read german, here you can learn a lot about this *c*e*n*s*o*r*e*d*

http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&d...ria-archiv.com

GG

Comment

The balloon device on the badge, is from the collar badge of the imperial austrian air service.

It's what's called a "pastiche".

E.L.

Comment

Here's a question; Has anyone ever tried to return something to him or held him to those written expertise? Seems like some legal consequence would be avaliable, at least in Germany.

Tim

Comment

I don't see any money back guarantee in the Expertise. Only that it is in his opinion an original.

Does anyone know if the expertise from Niemann said so (a money back guarantee)?

Best regards,
          Michel

Comment

I don't think any of these guys offer a money back guarantee.

Comment

If these conmen are selling fakes as they are and everyone knows them to be fakes.

What sort of steps can be taken to closing these dealers down?

Comment

Never heard this name before. Is it the same like Hartung?
                Mostly not worth the paper it is printed on?

Comment

Originally posted by morel5000 View Post
                  I don't see any money back guarantee in the Expertise. Only that it is in his opinion an original.

Does anyone know if the expertise from Niemann said so (a money back guarantee)?

Best regards,
                  Michel
                  Over more than fifteen years, my experience was that Detlev made good on all transactions... expertise or no expertise.

Comment

Over more than fifteen years, my experience was that Detlev made good on all transactions... expertise or no expertise.
                    I always got "Sorry Sold", so I have no experience with Detlev. However I also heard good things about him, but I wanted a confirmation what the" expertises" really mean (money back if proven fake?) ;

Best regards,
                    Michel

Comment

When he still was in business, probably yes. But know thet he disappreared, try to get your money back for e.g. "late" Steinhauer & Lück knights crosses or Juncker Oaks with swords to the knights cross '39...

sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

My take on these "lifetime guarantee's" whether from Detlev Niemann, Carsten Baldes, or even this Carsten Staegemeir, was that if proven to be anything other than original, you would be able to return it to the seller.

Of course, "lifetime" does get muddy when one goes out of business and I imagine you have to read the find print on each dealer site to see just how that return/refund/exchange system works, but the paper is a guarantee of authenticity and I see legal recourse for someone that wanted to pursue it. It would have to be monetarily worth the effort but my guess is, this guy would rather settle out of court if pushed into a corner. Better to pay off one individiual than draw attention to a crooked business and potential class-action suit, fine, and possible jail sentence.

Tim

Comment

Actually it would be your word against his and he is the "expert." Unless you have hard scientific data that shows something could not be original to the period it is an upward fight for the buyer. Ironically, Staegemeir is the most prolific faker there is. He has ruined TR collecting and now has started into Imperial. The worst part is that he does it openly and with impunity.
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

The problem with these "Expertises" is that nobody can blame you for "in my opinion" or pull you to court. Even my little sister can write one for a Knights Cross what is actually an Iron cross 2nd Class. In her opinion it's a KC. BTW: She's not that Stupid. She finished her History of Arts University Studies with a 1 what is Best.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                              Actually it would be your word against his and he is the "expert." Unless you have hard scientific data that shows something could not be original to the period it is an upward fight for the buyer.

Thanks Don that answers my question and is something I have been asking several times on the WAF.

I recently rang a dealer about fakes / reproductions that he was selling and told him about the WAF (which he is a member of ) where I had his medals appraised and turned down , he laughed told me he had been selling militaria for thirty years and that the WAF was full of "American clowns" so there you have it with regards trying to prove anything against these kinds of people.
                              Last edited by The Dragon; 03-22-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

He's a member here? Who is it?
                                pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X