No announcement yet.

I am doomed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bet would be a WW1 regimental history of FR 40.

There is always the chance this could be some "invisible" reserve officer from a war unit not readily identifiable as raised from Hohenzollern, but a native of that place.

Comment

IR 40 unit history

Hello,

I will have to go out and search for such a Unit-history, anyone a clue where i can find one?

Cordial greetings,
      my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

I am doomed

Hello Rick,

One more question for your Guru => does he know iff the reasons for awarding are still listed (or archived) for the Fürstliche Hausorden von hohenzollern?

Iff this is the case then it is a major concern for me to try and track these down to for this person !!!!

Cordial greetings,

ps: where any of the awards as shown on the medalbar to be returned after the recipients death?

Comment

These are basically the "EK2-plus" of every (literally) officer in that Regiment. Like Bavarian MMO etc etc, it is not much more "significant" for an officer-- just RARE.

All of these Orders were supposed to be returned at death.

Comment

returning of orders, etc ...

Hello,

So iff i understand it correct these enameled pieces where actually to be given back => the only reason these are still present is probably the simple fact that our officer did survive WWI and most probably also WWII.

Otherwise these pieces would have been gone => is there anyone who knows the dates at wich these beauty's where handed in? For example 1936? or later (i am just guessing !!! )

Is there a difference in these returnings between the German Kingdom's, Grand Duchy's, etc... ?

Cordial greetings,

Comment

So after all this ohs and ahs and you're doomed, why'd you sell it after posting it for info?

Comment

I was asking myself the same, too....

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Well Claudio, what matters is that a member can buy something from eBay discussed previously to bid end here on the forum, buy it, create a thread, then make some additional profit on the eStand. Long live capitalism and the opportunities to utilize the efforts of members here to further your economic goals. My hope would be that members work privately with their fellow member friends behind the scenes on an auction rather than expose it to the public for "inventory".

Comment

I am doomed

Hello,

Dear Brian : before critizing persons it is mayby better to know the whole story ? ?

I have sold it again as for the simple reason i am so addicted to my Glider stuff + there is offered another great grouping towards me from a friend glider pilot who has recently ( January 2004) deceased.

I have the first chance to buy it or otherwise the grouping will end at a dealers table sometime and be scattered arround. When certain pieces are offered you sometimes need the cash quick and thats it.

Now you can draw your conclusions offcoarse but does it makes you feel better that not even a member of the forum did buy it? => it is a dealer from Germany.

Cordial not so doomed greetings,

Comment

Originally posted by Stijn David
                      Hello,

I have the first chance to buy it or otherwise the grouping will end at a dealers
                      table sometime and be scattered arround.

Now you can draw your conclusions offcoarse but does it makes you feel better that not even a member of the forum did buy it? => it is a dealer from Germany.
                      Sorry Stijn, mea culpa.

Comment

A beautiful bar indeed. I feel the addition of the Zahringer Lion Order would make this bar a master piece for sure. You wouldn't want to sell this to me would you...please.
                        Sincerely, Bill

Comment

The Zaehringer Lion could have been a knight 1st class ?! this way it would make sense that it is missing. Did somebody try to verify the combination in a Ranklist?

Comment

Do you really think you can stop at just one imperial medal bar? I thought so to but...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X